All reviews wood paneling family owned heat air cleanest room blow dryer actual keys the main drag close walk place to stay double bed full size beds flat screen tv walking distance to town minor issue stayed here for two nights rooms are small wi fi
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

This place is very nice and especially clean. Stayed in many hotels in Gatlinburg and we just found the one that will be our forever Gatlinburg hotel. Nothing fancy but I'm not sure anything in Gatlinburg is fancy. We were impressed!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2018

After staying at this wonderful motor court for over 20 years with the previous owner's the Trenthams, I was dismayed to find out that they have a two night minimum. We have used this as a base camp before our annual trip to LeConte since I was a little girl. Apparently, the new owners are not interested in repeat customers or tradition. With a town that literally has hundreds of other options, I feel they should be more accommodating. Time to move on to a more trendy, better maintained facility that is closer to town I guess.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
5  Thank Marilyn M
Reviewed 10 April 2018

This is a good, clean, basic hotel with everything you need and not much else. If you are looking for fancy shampoos and body gels, you'll need to bring your own. The hotel's location is great, where you can just walk to most of the main Gatlinburg attractions. Beds were comfortable. We were there during the winter, and the heat worked well and the shower was hot. Overall it was quaint, cozy and comfortable, in a great location at a great price.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank RobT70
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Holy cow, did we ever love this place. Inexpensive, quiet, newly remodeled, safe, friendly, cozy, and warm. The desk clerks were so helpful, and we had a very short walk to town. We would stay here again in a minute. Absolutely loved it.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank DINI1968
Reviewed 7 March 2018

This is a review for a roadside motel. Think the 1950s. If you haven’t been to Gatlinburg it seems like 70% of the motels are old-timey motels. There aren’t a lot of chains and there are a few larger private lodges. But it’s definitely different than most places in terms of lodging choices.

I’ll admit I panicked at the last minute. I’ve never stayed at a “road side” motel. But our stay went better than expected.

So, here’s the rub. The motel was clean. Plenty of towels, extra blankets, blow dryer (if you ask at the office), ice machine, big mini fridge and beds that were about equivalent to every place I’ve stayed this year. Our 2 bedrooms- room had a folding table and two chairs, and one flat screen TV.

Think of this as staying at grandma’s house. There are little details that might bother some people. The trim is missing in places. The floors don’t fully go under the door jams leaving gaps (sort of like if I installed the flooring “ah it’s close enough”), the furniture doesn’t all match. The heat/air are a bit wonky but they work. There isn’t a ton of storage or counter space.

But the price is really low-so keep that in mind. And you can easily walk into town-which is really fun and very convenient in a place with SO MUCH traffic. Check in was easy and the guy who helped us was really nice and helpful. Also, I was worried about thin walls but I didn’t hear anyone in the adjacent rooms (and the place seemed at full capacity). I did hear people talking in the parking lot a few times at night but it wasn’t that bad. Definitely quieter than any other place we have stayed this year.

My daughter said this. It isn’t the nicest or fanciest place but I think it's my favorite hotel because I like having my own room and table. We had a two-room unit. And since we were in town for her volleyball tournament she got the room to herself.

The last caveat. We had 3 double beds. Double beds just aren’t big enough for two large adults. I brought an air mattress for our son and the rest of us each had a bed to ourselves.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family