“Tasting”

Sugarlands Distilling Company
Ranked #1 of 121 things to do in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Sugarlands Distilling Company is conveniently located in downtown Gatlinburg. Visitors who come to the barn-style distillery can take a behind-the-scenes tour of our still house and learn firsthand how we make our authentic Sugarlands spirits. Adults over the age of 21 can take a guided tasting flight of our spirits at the Sippin' Posts. Our Back Porch stage offers free shows covering many genres, open to guests of all ages. REMEMBER TO ALWAYS SIP WISELY.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Gvyer was our host and he was a blast!! Daughter tried all the samples and enjoyed how he gets you all fired up. I bought 6 jars and she bought two and he is very Knowledgeable about the products. Such a fun and polite host.Great Going Gvyer !! Keep up the good work. This is my second year here from Ohio.

Cammie B, Guest Relations Manager at Sugarlands Distilling Company, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Thanks for stopping by our downtown Gatlinburg distillery to sample with Gyver. We are so glad that you & your daughter came in for a taste of our award-winning Sugarlands Spirits! Be sure and find our upcoming events and moonshine recipes online and come back real soon for another visit. Safe travels!

Write a ReviewReviews (13,170)
All reviews
"moonshine tasting"
in 856 reviews
"apple pie"
in 727 reviews
"free tour"
in 156 reviews
"peanut butter and jelly"
in 97 reviews
in 102 reviews
"a lot of fun"
in 264 reviews

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I did the moonshine taste testing. Highly, highly recommend Sugarlands! We did another distillery (Ole Smokey) another day, and Sugarlands is by far better moonshine and MUCH more fun! Thomas was who did our “tasting” and had my husband and I laughing the whole time! If you’re going to do a moonshine taste testing, I would definitely do Sugarlands

1  Thank Ashley D

Thank you and your husband for stopping in and sampling with Thomas. We hope that you enjoyed your visit and hope that you wont be a stranger!

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I came to Gatlinburg for the first time, walking in and out of shops, and the smell alone drew us in. Taylor did our tasting, and he was hilarious and very knowledgeable! Would definitely go again!

Sampling our spirits with Taylor is a fun time! Thank you for your kind words and for visiting our distillery. Please come back to see us again soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Highly recommend going here! You get to take 12 different samples of moonshine for $5 and that $5 can go towards a jar of shine. And if you go back multiple days(Like I have), the $5 our pay for tastings add up and when you go to 5 tastings, that pays for a jar of shine!

We’re excited that you got to sample with Taylor! We hope you’ll come back and see us again soon for another adventure.

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Husband and I visited and we were not disappointed! My husband did the sampling since I had left my ID in the truck and he said they were all great! Our sampling host Matt was awesome! Definitely a must-see!

Thanks for your review and for visiting our downtown Gatlinburg distillery. We hope you'll stop in again soon with your ID so that you can sample with your husband. Come back and see us again soon for another adventure!