See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 October 2015 via mobile

I can say for the most part it was not too awful bad staying here. The cottage that we stayed in was a little out dated and needed some upgrades, but overall I would say we liked it. My biggest issue is if you do not take the whole cottage or at least get the cottage with the kitchen you may have some issues if someone else is staying beside you. The next day after we arrived another couple rented the cottage attached to ours and with the kitchen. They were quite loud and since the door separating our room from the kitchen was quite thin there was no peace from them. The woke my 17 month old child up numerous times because there was really no separation from the rooms except that thin door. Also there are no sidewalks going to the hotel until you get to the main highway which made me really nervous with my husband and our baby walking. Otherwise the owners were quite pleasant, the housekeeping crew was great and would always talk to us and make sure we didn't need anything. They were more than willing to do anything that you needed or asked of them, which is a really big deal to me since customer service, doing a good job, and manors seems to be lacking in this world anymore. Since the customer service was so good that is why I am giving this a very good rating. I know the owners are trying to sell the place so that may change, hopefully not.

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2015 via mobile

This hotel does not get enough attention. My family stayed at this hotel for a weekend. Some of us stayed in the hotel and some in a cabin. This hotel needs so much work. It has not been updated anytime recently and looks like its from 1960. The cabin floor was not level and sank down a lot when you stepped on it. The fireplace leaked rain into the floor. Nothing is very clean. Our cottage had clearly not been swept or mopped and had dead bugs in the floor. Shortly after coming home I came down with a bladder infection so the jacuzzi tub in our "honeymoon suite" must not have been clean either. Just save yourself the trouble and stay at a hotel that has been recently cleaned and updated!!

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jessica R
Reviewed 15 September 2015

Hotel is not in a convenient location to the main strip in Gatlinburg. We had to drive to go anywhere. It is an old motel and the rooms are very outdated. We had a balcony that was shared with the room next door and it was a sliding door with no lock. just a pole to put in the door frame. There were stains on the pillowcases and sheets. The couple at the front desk were friendly and the room was cheap, but would not stay there again.

Room tip: If I were going to stay there again I would try to get a cabin. But am not staying there again.
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2015

We stayed six nights a week or so ago I like that it is privately owned, the owners were super nice. The pool was great for the kids, nice and deep and clean. The rooms were a bit outdated, but clean; the air worked great. The bathroom was nice and clean and the shower worked great. For the money, you can't beat it. The guy who does their room cleaning was always nice and accommodating whenever we needed something. Super friendly place, easy walk into Gatlinburg. The trolly was barely half a block away if we wanted to use that instead. We really could have stayed longer and hated to leave. We stayed in two cottage rooms with attached kitchen, that was clean and came in super handy for our extended stay with full size fridge and stove. We were very happy there and hope to return next year.

Room tip: cottages around the back were nice and quite and secluded feeling
Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jamie H
Reviewed 10 July 2015

Bed Bugs! This place needs some serious cleaning! Lots of repairs needed on the entire property. Musty smell and stays damp, which makes me think "mold"! Very pricey for what you get! Location doesn't make you feel safe at any time of day! Beware!!!!

Date of stay: May 2015