All reviews bedroom villa full kitchen don ward parking pass time share pancake house across the street sales pitch washer and dryer high pressure within walking distance national park outdoor pool the main street timeshare presentation short drive pigeon forge jacuzzi tub
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

This is actually our home for our timeshare. There are pros and cons. First the pros- very clean,staff exceptionally nice and accommodating. Within walking distance of attractions downtown and a short drive to explore the Smokey mountains. Was quiet at night time (no loud parties etc.). Cons- beds were way to soft and woke up with a sore back everyday. Children overtook not only the pools, but the hot tubs. Children under 18 should not be allowed in hot tubs. Adult swim was from 11pm-midnight. (not practical at all. who wants to swim at that hour?). Alot of unsupervised children at the pool also. Supposely there are cameras, but obviously no one pays attention to them? The most annoting is being bothered by the timeshare people. When we checked in we had to get our parking pass from the "vacation station", which are manned by the timeshare people. Very sneaky. Should not be badgered to speak with them.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank wheeze21
HIClubCounselor, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Smoky Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

We're glad you enjoyed coming back to your home-away-from-home at Smoky Mountain Resort! It's always our mission to be sure our guests are comfortable and treated like family.

We typically invite our guests to attend a tour at check-in time, and we offer some attractive rewards, because we know that vacation time is precious. Our tour representatives have a passion for what they do in helping guests understand the benefits of Club Membership, but we never want that passion to translate into negative pressure. Your feedback is much appreciated, and we look forward to seeing you again soon! Thank you for sharing your comments.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

I was contacted by IHG and told "You have won a 3 night /4 day stay at the Holiday Inn of my choice." They said they needed a credit card to hold the reservation. I of course hung up. I decided to call IHG and inform them of the phishing scam using their name. Customer service said "No, we are offering this to select Club Members" and transfered me over. I paid the $249 dollars and set the destination for Holiday Inn Gatlinburg. Well, when I set the date, the hotel was changed to "Brookside Resort". I questioned it and was told "This is your only option or loose the $250." We were also informed we had been sucked into the 2 hour timeshare presentation but would be given a $100 rebate good for ANY IHG property.

Well to say the least, the Brookside Resort was (I'll be nice) "dated" complete with stain on the ceiling and exterior wood rot. The "2 hour presentation" took 2 hours 45 minutes. Then, the "deal" was $50,000 PLUS $1,500/ year "assessment fees". Folks, do the math. You could invest this money in the stock market and add nearly $1,000,000 to your retirement fund with this amount. I explained, with my travel points I acquire, we do not spend $1,500 per year in hotels. This "deal" did not work for us. We were told "Ok, I'll be right back with your 'gift'.". We waited another 20 minutes with kids screaming because they were hungry because it took so long. My wife took the kids outside to the car for a snack. I finally went to the receptionist for help, who quickly refused. I caught the next "sales person" who also refused to help. I finally caught "a manager". He started to refuse help. I then offered to physically drag him outside to get assistance. Being 6' 4" and 275 lbs, he suddenly had a change of heart. I quickly convinced them to refund the $250 and give me the rebate they agreed to. The rebate ended up not being good for hardly any IHG property, only Holiday Inn's. There are almost none of these left.

I called their customer service and IHG's customer service. As a club member, neither helped.

If this is their idea or wine and dine to attract a potential customer, how do you think they treat someone after they suck them into their scam?

RUN FROM THIS SCAM!!!!

Room Tip: Run from this scam! The walls were half patched, the indoor pool was closed, plaster falling off. They are trying to rob you.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank Stephen G
HIClubCounselor, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Smoky Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

We hate to hear about the confusion and frustration surrounding your recent tour at our Smoky Mountain Resort! It's always our goal to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive great service when with us. Our tour representatives have a passion for what they do in helping guests understand the benefits of Club Membership, but we do not want that passion to translate into negative pressure. We regret the shortfalls you encountered. We never want our guests to feel as though they cannot leave when the tour time is complete and are sorry the tour incentive did not meet your needs.

Your feedback has been passed on and expedited. The team will be working on your case in an effort to resolve this as best as possible for you. In addition, we have sent you a private message should you wish to further expand on your experience. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

We love it here! The location is perfect for walking down to the parkway. Our unit is clean and quiet. A few things are under construction at the moment, but it did not interfere with our vacation. The people are incredibly friendly and knowledgeable. The grounds are immaculate and parking is a breeze.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Shecklesn
Reviewed 23 May 2018

We loved a lot about our stay, but there were a couple frustrating points. We arrived a couple hours prior to check in knowing that are room may or may not be ready, but we had called ahead to be assured we could use the pool. The check in process seemed inefficient and was a rather slow process compared to other places we have stayed. The front desk was unsure if our room was ready or not and had to call housekeeping. While we were waiting for a response, we had to retrieve our “parking pass” which is actually where they give you the Sales Pitch. This also took several minutes. The salesperson accepted our “no” fairly easily, as we explained that we would not leave our children with someone they did not know while we attended the two hour meeting. We returned to the check in counter to find out if our room was ready and were told it was not ready. It seemed “convenient” that a room was not ready for us after we had said we were not interested in the sales pitch. Anyways, we changed and went swimming and expected a call anytime. By 3:50 pm, we still had not gotten a call, so my husband went back to the desk. THEY STILL DID NOT KNOW IF OUR ROOM WAS READY, which was beyond frustrating, as we have twin toddlers who were worn out by this point. My children and I joined our husband and I am sure we appeared frazzled and anxious for our room, but there was still no urgency from the front desk staff. We understood that it was still a few minutes to official check in, but the lack of concern from the front desk was disappointing. Finally, someone put us in a different room (what a concept). We appreciated that very much, but again would have been happier if this had been done sooner.
We absolutely loved everything about our room and found it clean and comfortable. We settled in nicely and found everyone really friendly (although my husband and I found ourselves on high alert for another sales approach, which is not a comfortable feeling to have) Then the following day we got a phone call from another salesperson. She called while our toddlers were taking a nap, which upset us greatly. We could NOT get off the phone with her. I even recited the “cookie cutter” response I have seen from the manager on other reviews complaining about the sales pitch. I literally said, “We appreciate your passion for your job and showing people the benefits of club membership, but this is turning into negative pressure.” She still would not stop talking, so we just said do not call or approach us again and hung up on her as she was still rambling on. I hated being rude, but she would not take no for an answer.
When we selected this place, we chose it over another we had stayed at previously. The reason we decided to stay here was because we thought our little ones would enjoy the splash pad. They have loved all others plash pads and water parks we have visited, but they absolutely hated this one. There is a bucket that fills up quickly and dumps way too often and it spooked them. Then my son and I bumped our heads really hard on one of the slides and my son ended up with a huge goose egg. I am not blaming the resort for this, but want other travelers to be aware of this. We still enjoyed the pools, although the water does appear to be murky (as other travelers have posted), but it seems to be this way due to the color of the bottom of the pool. We found the pools and hotel grounds clean.
So besides for the annoying phone call and the slow check in process it was a really nice stay. We would consider staying again when our little ones are older and would hopefully enjoy the splash pad. However, I think we will go somewhere else next time so we can avoid the sales pitch.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
7  Thank mnh0514
Reviewed 20 May 2018

The resort is a great place to visit the Smoky Mountains. We did a lot of hiking and walking. We did the wine trail and distillers. The people at the resort is vary helpful and friendly. We did do shopping at the craft loop which is always fun.

Room Tip: 321 is a better road to enter on.all rooms are great.
Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple