All reviews great hotel small water park regular pool great cinnamon rolls large luggage apple butter nice breakfast included short walk from the main street ihg property parking permit outdoor pool and hot tub breakfast choices very clean hotel within walking distance newer hotel big tv room cleaning
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed at this hotel because of a time-share promotion next door, however, we will never stay at this hotel again. Our hotel room smelled like dogs. When we first walked into the room, we were hit with a wall of "wet dog smell". I called the front desk to tell them about the smell but she did not offer any solutions, she just apologized. I asked if we could change rooms but she said that the hotel was fully booked. I asked if the hotel was a pet-friendly hotel and she said, "Definitely not". However, we noticed a lot of dogs in and around the hotel, so I feel like we were mislead.

Since the hotel was "fully booked", we were stuck in that room. When we checked out, I told them about the dog smell in our room, which never did go away. She apologized and was shocked to hear that no one did anything about it. She proceeded to tell me about a machine that they have, that sucks the air out of the room and it helps with the smells. I doubt that it's the "air" that smells, it is most likely coming from the carpet. She also told me that they cannot deny a guest with a pet, if the pet is a "support pet".

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi, Deb7V!

It was a pleasure to have hosted one of our Gold Elite members!

I am sorry for the upkeep of the room and the overall level of service you received from some of our hotel staff. This does not sound like a pleasant impression. I advised that local management of your thoughts. We will use this as we work with our team, especially housekeeping and reception for a better experience.

As we continue to improve, we would love to show you that your last stay was an exception.

Many thanks,

Anne A
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Very clean hotel, great staff...Centrally located; a block from the main strip yet in a quiet area across the street from a GREAT PANCAKE house, locally owned...
You can't beat it for a wonderful Gatlinburg Getaway!

Room Tip: All floors are quiet..
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2018

Very nice hotel in a great location. The pool/water play area are great. The breakfast was the best I've had at a hotel. Staff was very helpful and the rooms were very clean. Walking distance to downtown and there is a trolley stop in front of the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2018

Very nice property three blocks from the strip. Two years old and very modern. We cut our trip short because of pending rain-we are hikers. The staff called and asked if there was anything they could do to help us round out our vacation. I realize they wanted us to stay to keep the room occupied but they truly seemed sincere and we appreciated the effort.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bigbear51
Reviewed 2 October 2018

This is a great hotel with all the usual Holiday Inn Express amenities - refrigerator & microwave in the room, excellent breakfast, pleasant & helpful staff. The rooms are very large & comfortable. The pool & water features are great for families. The hotel is right downtown with easy walking to restaurants & shops. You can park the car & avoid the crazy traffic. We didn't use the concierge for getting tickets, but there were people available to help with travel plans. We'll stay again next time we make a trip to Gatlinburg.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple