Book In Advance

from US$209.99
from US$218.60
from US$529.00
12,586 results
All reviews parking lot be careful short hike colorado river the cliff bring water view is amazing wide angle lens viewing area parking area easy hike soft sand half mile afraid of heights take your time bottle of water grand canyon
Reviewed 28 June 2018

The dusty 3/4 mile hike is worth it. The view is outstanding. There are no guard rails on the viewing area. The wind can come up at any second. Our guide on the Upper Antelope Canyon tour mentioned in the very near future, the Native Americans plan to start charging to park at Horseshoe Bend.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Absolutely beautiful, but be careful! In order to get the "perfect" picture you have to get awfully close to the edge. They are in the process of building a safety rail which is needed. I saw a lot of people take some real risks in order to get the perfect picture for their Instagram. Be aware that though it's not far from the highway, a lot of the walk is uphill and the trail is sand. Wear proper shoes and bring water! In spite of the place being crowded, the view is well worth the effort. I also recommend you book a float trip from the Glen Canyon Dam and see Horseshoe Bend down at river level. Beautiful both ways!

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Bring water, a hat, and comfy walking shoes!!! Crowds come and go! There is no shade. It’s literally a stop off the road to get one of the best photos you can get. You can try packing a little lunch and hanging out on a rock but I wouldn’t suggest it. Worth the stop and it’s priced well (FREE!!!)

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

This was beautiful. The land was as expected. The draw back for me was the walk up hill in the sand. I don’t recommend bringing children because it is dangerous with no railings below. Two weeks after we went a person did fall over and unfortunately passed away. Hopefully they look at the safety issues.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I’m a photographer, and like other photographers, this is definitely a spot to be! Me and each of my family members are very cautious, and I realize most people would say they are. But contrary to what Instagram shows, there are HUNDREDS of people here lined up along the cliff’s edge. I trust myself and my family, but it’s hard to call this place truly “safe”. I highly recommend seeing it, but even more so saying to be extra cautious when you do. People can be careless and at least when I went yesterday, it’s not an exaggeration to say if one person slips, they could take more with them! Stay away if you’re scared of heights or have small children/careless teenagers. This is a sight to see for sure, but getting close to the edge of there’s a lot of people isn’t worth your life. - I hope that’s an honest enough review :)

2  Thank Daniel E