1,901 results
All reviewsmoon pierc colakrispy kreme donutsretro feelretro motelfree popcornretro themegreat retrogreyhound stationhistoric districtfun place to staywithin walking distanceclose to downtownroad noisedowntown savannahbed was comfortableriver street
Reviewed 29 May 2018

With little time to plan anything toward a trip for my friends' wedding, I jumped in the car on a hope and a prayer that it would all work out. I couldn't justify the cost for some of the other rooms in the area, but was feeling anxious as most places were booked solid during Memorial weekend. I saw the glowing neon sign that read

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank shawnakessler
tbirdmanager, General Manager at The Thunderbird Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Thank you for taking a chance on us! I'm thrilled we could be a soft landing pad for you on your wedding trip excursion! I hope you can come down again and spend more time with us!

Reviewed 23 May 2018

So happy that is now back open after the remodel. This is our go to place in Savannah! Great location, great value, and fun! As a SCAD parent, love this place! Comfortable beds, easy room access, and made for pet lovers......

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank recoveryrn
tbirdmanager, General Manager at The Thunderbird Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Thank you for the kind words. We're so glad to have you back. We do offer great rates for SCAD families and we're right next to the dorms! a win-win!

Reviewed 22 May 2018

Just spent 2 nights here. Everything was perfect. Mark at the front desk was able to answer all our questions and helped us with directions to some of the attractions we wanted to visit.
We were able to walk around the Historic section of Savannah which was a major plus because driving and parking would have been a headache. The Visitor Center is right around the corner so if you wanted to do a trolley trip around town you could just walk over to the center as they all seem to start from the Visitor Center.
The motel is newly remodeled and everything was perfect. Donuts and coffee were available for the morning.
STAY HERE!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KPD7

Thank you for the awesome review! I'm glad I had the opportunity to speak with you. I hope you'll find your way back to the city!

Reviewed 21 May 2018

Marc at the front desk was very helpful and nice. Easy check in and check out. Clean room and surrounding facility. Great area, close to restaurants, and historic sites. Krispy cream donuts and coffee for breakfast!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth C

Thank you for staying with us! I'm glad you loved your stay and the simplicity of our experience. I do hope you can find your way back to our great city!

Reviewed 21 May 2018

I have seen this Inn since the early 1980's but had never stayed there until last week. My conference across the river was all booked up, as I drove over the bridge into Savannah I saw the sign and said to myself...why not? Totally surprised and pleased with the whole experience and loved the Moon Pies & RC Cola's awaiting me in my room upon arrival. It was classic Retro done very well...I would highly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank SHnGA

Thank you for giving us a chance on a whem! It's nice when we deliver a great experience to an unsuspecting guest. lol