“Faidley's Seafood Market”
Review of Lexington Market

Lexington Market
Ranked #124 of 208 things to do in Baltimore
More attraction details
Owner description: A colorful, busy, open-air market specializing in seafood.
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Leaving the airport we started asking, "Where can the best crab cakes be found? Faidley's at Lexington Market!! We were in town 4 days. We ate there both the first day and our last day. Crab cakes were delicious along with the fresh salmon cakes. The food was so good we did not mind that there is standing room only. What a great eating experience.

4  Thank Dafalee
in 5 reviews
"md"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 18 May 2018

"Welcome to the Lexington Market, the best way to taste what Baltimore have to offer."
This is what we read in the visitor's guide at our hotel.

No disrespect to the vendors, but the venue seems overcrowded and uninviting, and the area a bit unfriendly. We did a quick walk through and did not stop to explore the food offered. We even left without tasting the famous crab cakes.

It just did not feel right.
Not worth a visit if you're a tourist.

Note there are lots of vendors and lots of food.

2  Thank The_Rock_50
Reviewed 11 May 2018

Lexington Market is apparently world famous but I’ve never actually heard of it and I’m from England. For something that is world famous, I expected it to be a lot better than it actually was. It’s far too hot inside for one but it’s very tightly packed together and it’s not very clean inside. I also expected a few more stalls which offered food ready to eat and not raw ingredients. I only had a quick walk away and then got out! Very disappointed.

1  Thank VikkiBee
Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

I've been reading the reviews for Lexington Market, all of them are accurate, the good, the bad AND the ugly! I always wanted to see this market, having been to several others throughout the country. I had some free time one afternoon while staying in the city and knew the market was within walking distance of my hotel, so I took off into the streets of Baltimore.
I found the neighborhood to be rundown and yes, a little sketchy to say the least. The market itself has a sense of history to it. It's old and I'm sure has probably seen it's heyday. If it's food for which you seek, it's here. Everything from cake to crabs, pizza to Chinese, veggies and meats galore are all found here and then some. But with that said, I'm not sure I'd eat here. There are so many other neighborhoods and places to eat in Baltimore I believe I would skip that experience while visiting Lexington Market. I hate to say it but it's true.
If you like history, go by all means. If you have a family with small children, I'd skip this experience altogether. If you're trying to impress a date, try another neighborhood. If you're trying to stay away from junkies/beggars in the streets, you might want to avoid Baltimore altogether. The city has changed over the years and it will take some doing before it's back to the fun time it once was.

3  Thank drftr09