“Beware of IHOP late night”
Review of IHOP

IHOP
Ranked #1,472 of 2,280 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Reviewed 31 May 2018

I arrived at IHOP in Jacksonville FL around 11:00 PM last Sunday night. The restaurant was fairly busy; that is, there were plenty of tables available, but it seems they were short of staff for the number of guest. We waited, what seemed like an extended period of time, at the door, and were finally seated.

We ordered our food (breakfast, of course), and 20-25 minutes later brought the wrong order to our table. About 5 minutes later, someone from the kitchen came out and confirmed our order was what we ordered, and another 5 - 10 minutes, our food arrived. This was after others entered the restaurant, ordered their food and were served.

I had poached eggs, but it was served without any toast, which finally came out as I was finishing the meal. If I had waited for the toast to eat with my eggs, the eggs would have been cold. And after 30 minutes, in anticipation of my meal arriving, I was REALLY hungry.

The food seemed to be served with an attitude, which I really can not figure out why. I really should not have to wait 30 minutes for eggs and pancakes, and then they still left of the toast.

The total bill for 2 people was $22 and some change, but when they charged my card, it was for $25 and some change. The attitude of the waitress we paid was also poor. They acted as if we were not welcome. I did not say anything, I just signed the card receipt and left.

For food at the prices they charge, the service and food should be 4-5 star service. I do not frequent IHOP restaurants, so I can not compare it to other IHOPS, but the level of service I experienced would not keep this restaurant in business.

To sum it up, the late night staff at this restaurant is in need of some training. What we experienced was unacceptable.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank DinkinsGrange

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

This is my third attempt at a review for this location! Each attempt, while on other websites, kicked me out! Almost as frustrating as our breakfast experience. We waited 45 minutes, AT LEAST, for our breakfast. There were only 3 tables of customers waiting also. We should have left, but unfortunately we didn't read previous reviews. THE WORSE SERVICE we have experienced from all locations on the East coast!!! Had we known there was McDonald's just down the road, as tourists, we would have NEVER eaten here!!! ) Don't even let me review their restroom!!! All in all, Disgusting!!!

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank iris s
Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

Had breakfast with family, took nearly 30 mins to get our simple orders of pancakes and eggs. Food was cold when it finally showed up. Server took it back and brought two of three meals 10 mins later, then last one another five mins later. No apology at all. Charged us full price never said thank you or I’m sorry. Won’t go back here.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank KibbieK
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

The service was ok--a little slow but my waitress got exactly what I wanted. The food was ok; not the best; not the worst.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank Janie110
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

My husband & I went in there for a light dinner. I ordered an omelette (forgot what kind) which was excellent but even better was the outstanding service by a waitress by the name of Brandy. She should really go to a high end restaurant & she could make some great money. Also, the dining room & the restroom were both spotless. I would recommend this place for breakfast, lunch or a light dinner.

Date of visit: August 2017