“Good dining option in Gettysburg - but service is erratic”
Review of The Parrot

The Parrot
Ranked #44 of 135 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Description: Dining hours are 11:30 AM - 9:00 Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday. Friday and Saturday. 11:30 - 9:30. Bar hours are 11:30 till 2 am Wednesday - Sunday.
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our evening meals (Broiled Salmon and Broiled Chicken respectively) which were well prepared with fresh ingredients. Service was pleasant but a little scatterbrained

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Bar area in the front & seating for restaurant in the back.
Menu: Plenty of choices
Service: We had very good service
Food: It was good
Not busy for a lunch crowd
Glad we went for lunch instead of dinner.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Clam chowder and quiche very tasty. we got to meet the celedrty shift and it was a joy listening to him as we savored the food

Reviewed 25 June 2018

I had a nice, tender and flavorful filet mignon here, but I felt that the sauce over it was a bit overpowering and strangely had blueberries in it. I would have been happier without the heavy sauce. It was supposed to have come with fried shallots, but didn't, and no explanation was given. Otherwise I thought the dinner was fine. Service was friendly but a little spotty. I wasn't offered a refill on my iced tea until I was paying my bill. The restaurant decor is very informal, which is o.k., but the dining area tends to be pretty noisy. The Parrot is convenient in the heart of town. It's not fine dining, but it's not bad either. Might be worth a try.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

I have never walkabout of a restaurant in my life over bad service and I am 67 years old. I am still shaking my head over the the awful service we received.You may go here and get good service however I would not risk it.
We made reservations for 7 on a Saturday night. We were seated promptly and greeted by our waitress Larissa. She brought a water pitcher to the table with plastic glasses but said the dishwasher was behind and would bring glass glasses. Keep in mind this isn anime restaurant(Supposedly)!. People around us got glasses but sill none for us. She seemed to be upset when we asked for them!!! Bread took 15minutes, salads took 30 minutes at least and Larissa skipped one salad all together! Dinners were finally brought out and they were totally wrong. we sent them back via a confused bus boy. 20 minutes later Larissa came out again to retake our order and believe it was not confusing!! Then about 10 minutes later when we asked about our dinners Larissa seemed like we were asking too much!!!The hostess was informed by a member of our group of our problem getting our meals. Shortly after that Larissa came out of the kitchen said that our meals had to go back in the cue, we were 3rd and it would be at least 20 minutes. She just about said this was our fault and we could leave if we wanted!!! I could not believe what I was hearing, nor how we were treated!!!!!! Of course we left as any human would of after being treated so badly!! I just have to say that I have never walked out of a restaurant and I have never been treated so poorly ever ever before !!! we were not demanding, we were not drinking or being rude. We were just a couples at what we thought was a nice restaurant for a good meal on a Saturday night of our trip!!!! SHAME SHAME on THE PARROT restaurant and SHAME SHAME on you LARISSA for tretinggood people so BADLY!!!!!! I have also never written this negative of review on TRIPADVISOR before and I write a lot of reviews !!!!!

4  Thank Sabra P