“Soggy Saitan”

Add it.
Magic Carpet Foods
Ranked #1,775 of 4,693 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Reviewed 2 May 2018

I heard good things about this food truck but when I ordered a saitan salad I was so disappointed. I'm not the biggest fan of saitan to begin with but this stuff was soggy and just tasted wrong. It made we wonder how long it had been just sitting around in juices. No plans to return here.

Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

We were in Philadelphia for the Daily Show and had lots of time to kill before the taping. We found this truck on Spruce St near 34th. The food is Mediterranean Vegetarian. I had a Greek salad that was loaded with feta cheese and sesame seed a with a wonderful dressing. My daughter had a Falafel pita sandwich which was loaded. I would definitely seek this truck out in the future.

Reviewed 26 February 2015

I was recently at HUP and had heard some good things about Magic Carpet Food Cart. I'm not a vegetarian, but figured that it was still worth a shot based on the rave reviews. I got the falafel pita, which was really good. It has so much flavor that you could probably tell a meat eater like myself that it was chicken or beef and I wouldn't have been able to tell the difference. The only negative is that the pita hadn't been warmed up, but the falafel pita sandwich was really flavorful and reasonably priced ($5.50). The guy at the window was polite and efficient. I will definitely consider going back the next time I am at HUP.

Reviewed 30 October 2014

This is a completely vegeterian food truck offering soups, sandwitches and salad. Seemed to have regular clientele. They are by 34th and Walnut street. Not expensive as most dishes are under $8. I liked my falafal sandwich and it was a good portion.

Reviewed 22 October 2014

Magic Carpet has two street-side carts at Penn and the one I go to ALWAYS has the longest line because it is so popular and the food is consistently great. My favorite is the Bella Donna - tofu meatballs on rice & veggies w/ cheese and hot sauce. I've been enjoying Magic Carpet food since it's early days of operation in 1986 (it opened in 1984), and will continue eating there as long as I'm working on Penn's campus.