Edelweiss Lodge(Mammoth Lakes)
TripAdvisor
The Village Lodge(Mammoth Lakes)
TripAdvisor
Mammoth Creek Inn(Mammoth Lakes)
Alpenhof Lodge(Mammoth Lakes)
1,239 results
All reviewswhitebark restaurantwhite barkself parkingheavenly bedwindow seatstudio suiteglass of champagnestarbucks coffeeresort feemini kitchenice makerstove topgas fireplacehotel is beautifulkids clubshuttle serviceflights of stairs
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

This is not a 5 star hotel but it is a very nice 3 star hotel and a great place to stay at Mammoth. New rooms, very comfortable beds and a nice restaurant. Well situated but a bit of a walk up the steps at the end of the ski day. Great for a ski stay.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Leisha B, General Manager at The Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear MA92756,

Thank you for your kind comments. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, and we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We love our location in The Village but understand the stairs can be a bit tiring, especially after day of skiing. We do offer shuttle service from the gondola (and around town) for those guests who wish to avoid the climb at the end of their day.

We hope to see you again at The Westin Monache.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Pretty good Westin for the price/location. For SPG points, its a great deal for what you get. Was here for Spring skiing, during the week. Service was a bit slow but expected given the season and it being a weekday(s). Otherwise, nice, clean hotel

Pros: Rooms are relatively big. We had a king bed, sleeper sofa and sitting chair with coffee table, full kitchen and gas fireplace. Perfect for a family of 3. Huge pool, hot tubs, decent gym with dumbbells and several running/climbing machines. The village gondola is a 2 minute walk from the lobby and it’s a 5 minute free ride up the gondola to the Cannon Lodge for skiing. Several bars/restaurants right next to the gondola. There’s also a Kids Club available.

Cons: The lobby of the hotel doesn’t have a “ski lodge” feel. Very small, no real fireplace and only 1 restaurant/bar in the hotel. That bar and restaurant is very dark and though there are huge windows, it feels very enclosed/dark. The gondola that takes you to the ski area is only a few minutes away walking, down several flights of stairs from the lobby to the street level, but on the way back it gets quite tiring to climb the stairs (especially if you’re not used to the high altitude thin air).

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Empty Canvas,

Thank you for providing the detailed feedback from your recent visit. We love to hear from our guests so we know what we should continue and also what we can improve! We are in the planning stages of a renovation, so your feedback regarding the lobby and restaurant are extremely helpful to pass on to our designer.

I'm glad you enjoyed your spring break with us! It was a busy time period, but I don't think we could have asked for better weather for everyone to enjoy the mountain. Thank you for sharing your experience, and we hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to Mammoth!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

This is my second trip to the property. I booked my current stay several months ago. 9 days before my arrival I tried to change my stay from 5 nights to 3. Even though this change was requested in advance of the cancellation window it took 3 calls to the Starwood 800 number, 2 direct calls to the property and 2 calls with Starwood corporate to make a simple change. I spent two hours on the phone to resolve this issue.

Each time, communication to the property by me or Starwood were not completed correctly or acknowledged at all (some reps eventold me I was past the change window). As a decades long Starwood member this was the worst experience I’ve ever had with Starwood.

The reservation was finally and successfully changed by a helpful front desk staff named Rain 3 days before my arrival. It was no problem at all but the cause of the original miscommunication is still being investigated. Starwood has opened a file on my behalf and sent another message to the property but there was acknowledgement of any issues when I checked in (am currently still at the property).

The property itself is fine with a great location across the street from the village gondola. The valet/bell person was very helpful and ensured our room was available while waited by the car. Skis can be stored for free in the lobby or the gondolas. Very convenient for hitting the slopes.

Disappointed there was no movie night for the kids this year.

Room Tip: This is a pet friendly hotel so request a pet free room if that bothers you
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Leisha B, General Manager at The Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear 3KGT,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am sorry for the inconveniences you experienced in changing your reservation. I do not have your details, but it may have been due to the minimum length of stay we had over the holidays; however, it should not have taken so many phone calls to address, and I do apologize for that.

I am glad that you enjoyed your visit while you were with us and that you found our staff helpful. We strive to take the best possible care of our guests, and provide them with a memorable Mammoth experience. While we were not able to hold a movie night in our meeting rooms due to group activity, I hope your children got to enjoy some of our family activities during the day.

Thank you for being a valuable Starwood guest, and we hope to see you again if you return to Mammoth Lakes in your travels.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We traveled to Mammoth to celebrate my husband's birthday. Initially, we were a bit skeptical to stay here as we stayed at their sister property in Whistler and was underwhelmed by the experience and condition of the hotel. For us, we travel yearly to a winter destination and understand that it's inevitable that a hotel would endure some wear and tear due to the winter conditions. However, we were impressed and happy that the Westin Mammoth's condition of the public areas and guest room are well maintained. The kitchen in the guestroom is modern and clean. We cooked breakfast daily and the vent by the microwave worked well that our cooking did not stink up the room.
The complimentary shuttle service within a few mile radius of the hotel worked well. But, the pick up and drop off to and from the airport needs to be more efficient in terms of direction of figuring out the schedule (i.e. is it every half hour or based on arrival and departure).
We ate at the restaurant during their happy hour. The food was good and the atmosphere is quite lively on the weekend. There is complimentary coffee every morning and hot chocolate during the late afternoon.
Overall, it was a pleasant stay and if we ever return to the area, we'd stay here again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Leisha B, General Manager at The Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear Eves,

I'm glad you enjoyed your husband's birthday celebration with us! We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Your comments help us determine what we need to continue doing and show us areas we can improve.

We feel our condos and our Village location offer the perfect setting to enjoy all that Mammoth has to offer both in winter and summer, and we hope we have the chance to see you here again.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Myself and my husband stayed at the Westin Monache Resort for only one night as we were doing our road trip honeymoon around America.
I wish we could have stayed more!!
We arrived at the hotel later than we have planned, about 9pm , we were very tired from the long drive and while we were checking-in the receptionist , probably noticing that we were tired, cheered us up with two complimentary drinks to have at the hotel bar, this was very nice of her :-)
She was very friendly and professional and while we were having a chat she asked were i came from and i said Italy and I came to know that she spoke Italian too :-)
Once we entered our room we were delighted to see that the Hotel had taken in consideration the fact that we were on our honeymoon and they offered us a lovely bottle of champagne with a congratulation note, this was a very nice and appreciated touch!
The room was very spacious and clean, there was a small kitchen as well with tea and coffee facilities , pots and pans and all you need if you want to stay at the resort for a longer period of time. The shower was very good too!
We decided to go to the restaurant/bar to enjoy our complimentary drinks and we ordered some snacks.. we had a selection of cheese and biscuits and some olives,lovely.
The atmosphere at the bar was very cosy and relaxing.
We had a very good night sleep as the bed was super comfy , when we woke up we enjoyed the beautiful view that we had from our room and then we enjoyed a nice american breakfast.
As I said before I wish we could have stayed longer, we had a very pleasant stay and the staff was amazing!
We will definitely recommend the resort to anyone visiting Mammoth.
Marianna & Antony.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Leisha B, General Manager at The Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear Marianna,

Thank you for choosing The Westin Monache to be a part of your honeymoon trip and your kind comments regarding our staff. Our staff loves to delight our guests, especially helping to celebrate special occasions. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! There is so much to do in Mammoth both winter and summer, we wish you could have stayed longer as well to enjoy all that our area has to offer.

Congratulations on your recent marriage, and if your travels ever return you to Mammoth Lakes for another special occassion, we hope to see you again at The Westin Monache.

Warm regards,