Cinnamon Bear Inn(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
US$118
Edelweiss Lodge(Mammoth Lakes)
TripAdvisor
The Village Lodge(Mammoth Lakes)
TripAdvisor
Mammoth Creek Inn(Mammoth Lakes)
Alpenhof Lodge(Mammoth Lakes)
1,650 results
All reviewsthe main lodgeski valetwest wingmammoth mountainrental shopgeneral storefront desk managerski resortlift ticketsthe general managershuttle busski bootsqueen bedski seasonbedroom condoshuttle servicedeath valley
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Our family continues to visit the Inn, as you have read from previous reviews, it has become a second home. My stay was work related with family in tow! My stay took place end of April 2018 in a one-bedroom condo. Check-in was smooth as usual, with the roaring fireplace going in one of the best hotel lobbies I've visited. The staff knew us by name and welcomed us warmly. Walking to our room, it was a pleasant surprise to see upgraded NFC locks on our door. With a quick wave of our keycard we were in hotel room. The furnishings and carpet were all upgraded, with a full leather L-Sectional in the living room, dining table and chairs, and bedroom furniture. Beyond the aesthetics of the hotel, the staff was awesome. Cade and Sergio were amazing from the front desk, always checking in with us about how things were going. On one occasion, because of my busy schedule, I missed the breakfast window in their restaurant. I had my daughter with me. One of the staff members, Cate I believe was her name, heard us talking about it. She took the time to ask if I was OK with the kitchen making a breakfast dish for my little one. That just confirmed how incredible the staff is. The ski runs and renting of equipment was smooth, with some great runs late in the season. The one area that could use an upgrade, at least in our unit, was the water pressure (at least in our unit). That's important because after a long day of being on the slopes, I nice warm shower is always great. Besides that, Mammoth Inn continues to be more than a ski resort, it's a place to enjoy family, relax in their warm spaces, and enjoy the pampering the Mammoth Inn staff always give us. Unit 569 was a great room for those interested in views of the wooded area behind the hotel. We will be back in the summer!

Room Tip: Look at units 566 and 569. Great rooms!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank santinihome
Matthew W, Guest Relations Manager at Mammoth Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay and all your kind words about this and all your other stays. I'm truly pleased that you appreciate all the renovations we have been working so diligently on. We've really been trying hard to renovate our rooms up to the standards our guests deserve. I will be sure to speak to maintenance about the water pressure, but I'm pleased that everything else was spectacular. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to both Cade and Sergio about their efforts. I will also let the restaurant's management know about Cate's amazing guest service.

We express gratitude for your review and look forward to hosting you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed 25 April 2018

We stay here for a friends son's wedding at the McCoy station, a gondola ride up the mountain. Good location for such an event. Mammoth Lakes isn't really suited if you are not skiing, fishing or hiking. If you are then fabulous. The hotel is a little tired but serviceable.

Room Tip: Preferably a room at the front of the accommodation blocks overlooking the mountain
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rogersthedodger

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. Mammoth Lakes truly is for the outdoor enthusiast. There's so much to do around town such as skiing/snowboarding, hiking, biking, fishing, hot springs, beautiful scenery, amazing spas, great shops, and just a great spot to relax. Next time, please stop by the front desk as we'd love to show you what out favorite things to do around town are.

Reviewed 25 April 2018

Stayed at Mammoth Mountain Inn for 4 nights mid April for our son's wedding high up in the mountains. Wow, its a long drive from Los Angeles - but well worth it. Combine skiing and a wedding - pretty much perfect!
We booked a deluxe room for ourselves and this was situated in the main lodge with superb views over the ski slopes. The room was well appointed and very comfortable. Housekeeping did an excellent job.
This is primarily a ski resort (in season!) and the hotel is typical ski accommodation and facilities, right at the base of the ski area with the ski lifts on the doorstep. The hotel is rustic in appearance and in feel, and this only adds to its charm.
The restaurant and bar serves good meals and the ground floor shop is a great stop for breakfast/lunch and coffee on the go - and so much else.
The Ski Valet guys were brilliant. No carrying of skis and boots to the room, just leave them with the valet. They were so very helpful and always fun to chat with.
Everyone at reception were helpful and friendly and were always ready to help out with information and suggestions.
The hotel layout is across three buildings. The main building rooms have access to free car parking in the overground car park. The other two buildings have access to free underground car parking. The outdoor swimming pools (one for kids) and indoor hot tubs are located in one of the outer buildings. The swimming pools are kept at a very comfortable temperature.
Shuttles and buses run from the hotel to the 'village' and Main Street for access to shops, bars and restaurants.
To conclude, a great ski hotel, very comfortable with an exceptional team of service minded people working there. Thanks to you all for making us and our group so very welcome.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Baz-t10

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Congratulations to your son and your new in-law :). I'm pleased to hear you chose MMI as your stay for the wedding and I'm pleased to hear how much you enjoyed our hotel. Our Ski Valet guys are amazing! They really make getting to and from the slopes a breeze and I love hearing how much people appreciate their efforts. I'm glad you loved our amenities and every other aspect of your stay with us.

Reviewed 21 April 2018

The personalized service is what keeps me coming back to the Mammoth Mountain Inn. The Ski Valet service is the absolute best! Matt, Weston, Brian, and Eric are the nicest guys and always make me feel cared for. The Inn is located at the base of the mountain and the lift is 100 yards from the front door. Super awesome!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo

Dear sjbedoka,

Hi! :). We miss you!!!! Thank you so much for everything when you were here. We love having you here and truly appreciate your positive attitude each time you're here. I hope you can come back before the season ends, but if not, can't wait until we see you next season :).

Reviewed 15 April 2018

This was our third stay at the Mammoth Mountain Inn. Each stay has been better than the last. We stayed in a 1 bedroom condo this time in the East Wing. It was perfect for our family of four. There is a king bed in the bedroom and a spacious living area with a kitchen, sofa, and Murphy bed. We had a corner unit and the view was amazing as it had just snowed. The Inn is very convenient for skiing. You can rent equipment from the Inn and store them overnight with the valet. While you are skiing, they store your shoes as well. They also have a list of complimentary movies you can "check out" and use with the DVR in the room.

The customer service is amazing. Mistakes do happen, and when they accidentally programmed our room key to stop working a day early, they quickly apologized and took care of the issue. No one was more accommodating than Sergio. When we were here in the summer, they were renovating the game room and since my kids love the game room and spent a lot of time there, Sergio asked them what games they would like to play and then promptly obtained them. When he heard we were returning this winter, he emailed us and asked if there are any other games my kids would like to play so he could have them ready.

This time we came with two other families and Sergio went out of his way to make sure they had everything they needed as well. I can not say enough good things about him.

We will be making the Mammoth Mountain Inn our place to stay each year we come up.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear Rachelle,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I'm pleased to hear each time you return, the trip is better than the last. I'm pleased you truly enjoyed your room and the amenities our hotel provides. I do sincerely apologize about the keys, but I'm glad we were able to remedy the problem quickly. I also appreciate your understanding in the human error :). I'll be sure to pass along your kind words to Sergio for his amazing efforts everyday you were here.