4,532 results
All reviews roof terrace metro grill bagels the empire state building tea and coffee free wine tasting premier queen room new york times square continental breakfast family suite set you up for the day herald square art deco style penn station perfect location the penthouse
Reviewed 12 July 2018

We had an amazing stay at the metro hotel. It’s in a great position for visiting many of the sights. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The breakfast was just what was needed; cereal, bagels, muffins, toast yoghurt mmmm. It was really reasonably priced, so had more to spend on other things. I’d highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting New York.

Room tip: Higher floors are quieter
Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank martinrjm56
HotelMetroNYC, The Team at Hotel Metro, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Hello martinrjm56,
All of us at Hotel Metro are thrilled you had such an amazing visit. Also glad to know you enjoyed breakfast. While what is offered varies from time to time, it always includes breakfast beverage and bagels. Inclusion of the breakfast depends on the package and room type reserved, so we encourage guests to contact us to see if it qualifies. While the hotel restaurant is closed for renovations this will be offered offsite at a cafe around the corner. Please contact the hotel if you need additional information.

We would love to welcome you back to Hotel Metro in the future. Thank you for the great review and recommendation.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

I stayed in this hotel in February 2014 with my friend Penny Dabell for our 50th Birthdays and we loved it. The staff were friendly and helpful. Yes our room was a bit small but we only slept there. The beds were amazingly comfortable.
We are coming back in December and can’t wait to stay in this lovely cosy hotel.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank karonball964

Dear karonball964,
We are always so pleased to know about personal recommendations and encourage everyone to let us know. It's wonderful that you loved your stay with us and your visit to the Big Apple. Thanks for the choosing Hotel Metro and for your review. We can't wait to welcome you back, so do tell us when you book again!

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Just returned from a recent holiday in New York staying at The Metro, upon arrival our room was ready and a nice touch with the chocolates and card in the room for my birthday. The fridge was a blessing due to the weather being brilliantly hot. The room was a good size and cleaned every day by friendly hotel staff. The roof terrace was a delight to sit in at night admiring the Empire Building and relaxing after a busy day taking in the sites. Reception and breakfast staff were very friendly and willing to help. Breakfast was fresh and adequate to set you up for the day ahead. Well done everyone at the Metro.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

I’ve been meaning to write this for a long time as this hotel is fantastic. It has personality and is in such a great location. This was my third visit and they upgraded us to the penthouse suite. Staff were great and the breakfast perfect. Do not hesitate to book.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

The only good thing I can say is that the beds are comfortable, which is important, so if you think comfortable beds are a priority this is a good hotel for the price range.
If you think breakfast is important I would not recommend this hotel
I can also not compare hotels cause it’s the only one I went to in New York

Breakfast: only sugars/ carbs available ( bagels, cereals and muffins..) and some fruit and one type of yogurt, no eggs or other proteins , no peanut butter , only whole milk available, coffee does not taste great. This is really too bad because I do like a good breakfast before I start the day.

Rooftop ; you can see the top of Empire State Building, unfortunately the rest has buildings in front of it so not much of a view

Fitness ;has weights and cardio equipment ( everything you need) ( I had to go twice back to the lobby cause the locker didn’t work ( I only went twice and the lobby s 12 levels down .. there is an elevator lol) )

Rooms :clean but very small , comfortable beds , , plugs behind the nightable are a mess ( kind of dangerous) , air conditioner does it’s own thing.., , roommades move all your personal things around when they make the bed ( and don’t put it back, they roll everything together in a mess ( pyjamas- T-shirt- sweaters all together ) , hairdryer does not work, the soap holder falls appart

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah S

Hello Sarah S,
We are sorry that your experience was not amazing and that you note a few details that could be fixed immediately if we know what room you occupied. We welcome the opportunity to discuss your feedback in more detail and hope that you will contact us directly. Thank you for your valuable feedback.