All reviewsrooftop barcentral parkgreat locationnew yorktimes squarerooms are smallfew blocksthoroughly enjoyed our stayfresh towelsroom servicebed was comfortableny hotelsa wonderful staycarnegie hallspecial thanksearly checkcolumbus circle
Reviewed 2 June 2018

We stayed at this hotel after we found out that our original hotel was in the middle of a big refurbishment and hadn't bothered to tell anyone! In the end it was a great decision.
This hotel is in a convenient location, clean, quiet and the staff are very professional.
We didn't eat at this hotel. They have an Italian restaurant attached but it is very expensive. The rooftop bar is OK but again very, very expensive and very pretentious. We ordered our drinks at the bar and went and sat down in spare seats. The waitress told us we would have to move if other people arrived who had reserved a table!!!
However our stay was very good and I would certainly use this hotel again. The rooms are small but they are clean and have everything you need.
We breakfasted at the Apple Jack which is just over the road.
The housekeeping staff were lovely. They would ask if we needed anything every night and offered to turn our bed down. A first for me in NY and I've been 5 times.
Just one point when you return home the "bell boy" will order your taxi for you but make sure you leave plenty of time to get to the airport. It took us 21/2 hours to travel 17 miles!!! The traffic in NY is mad!!

Room Tip: Probably the best rooms are on the lower floors and ones that face the street will not have any noise from air conditioning units.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Felipe M, Front Office Manager at Dream Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2018

We are thrilled that Dream Midtown was a perfect fit for you janjan28. Thank you for the feedback on our convenient location. We definitely can place you in a quieter room next time you come to our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Please feel free to reach out to me directly before your next trip so that I can oversee your stay and handle any special requests you might have.

Felipe Munoz-

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Half way through an 8 night stay and still not convinced on this hotel. Rooms are small but nice and clean, could do with a lot more storage. Maids are lovely, work hard. As do the recption guys who are all very nice.

Lifts are a joke. During the day before rooftop opens, their staff like to tell you that its their lift and its only going straight to roof, and guests need to wait on the next one!! This has happened to us 3 times already and its ridiculous! Guests should get priority. This is during the day before 5pm and not the rooftop lift!!

Avoid the rooftop bar. We like to dine and drink with the best of them but the rooftop bar is pretentious. We popped in for some drinks before dinner to be greeted by the “hostess” who told us there were no tables and we would have to stand at the bar. The couple immediately after us were asked if they had a reservation and said no yet they were offered a table.....!! A table became free then after about 30 mins we see the same hostess take a reserved sign from table next to us and give to a couple without reservation then tell us she had sold our table and we had to stand, yet this was for another group without reservation (they told us themselves they had not bought anything) The hostess Girl tried to back track when challenged but already our night was ruined. The girl was rude and drew my husband dirty looks. Completely unprofessional and not someone you want representing your brand.

Regardless if this bar is part of the hotel or not it is still representing the hotel. Not convinced yet on this place. 4 nights to go.....we will see, but we wont be back in the rooftop.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay at Dream Midtown, Heather M. Again like I expressed on the phone, I am so sorry to hear about the experience you had here with us. This is not the experience we strive to provide here at Dream. PHD General Manager has addressed the situation. If you have any questions, I would be grateful if you would contact me directly at fmunoz@dreamny.com.

Reviewed 31 May 2018

A friend who lives in NYC recommended Dream Midtown and it did not disappoint. Location was fantastic as we felt as if we were in walking distance to a wide variety of areas we wanted to see and experience.

A HUGE special thanks to the entire staff for the service. And a special thank you to Ashlee! She made our visit feel extra special and my wife loved the welcome note when we checked in.

Highly recommend!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Felipe M, Front Office Manager at Dream Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay at Dream Midtown, 294JohnM. I’m glad to hear you had an exciting stay with us. We thank you for your patronage and eagerly await your return to our hotel!

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

First time staying at Dream Midtown and they far exceeded my expectations. The room was very comfortable, cozy and prepared for us each day by a friendly and hard working housekeeper on the 10th floor. Winard and Lily went out of their way to accommodate any of our needs and the location is perfect and can get to any tourist attractions with ease. I would highly recommend staying at the Dream Midtown. I know I will be back next year and the Dream Midtown is where I will be.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Felipe M, Front Office Manager at Dream Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

We are thrilled that Dream Midtown was a perfect fit for you Brandyn F. Thank you for the feedback on our convenient location. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Felipe Munoz-

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

I travel quite a bit, and have stayed in many hotels in NYC. This trip was a weekend getaway for shopping and a broadway show. The Dream hotel was really nice, beds very comfortable and the rooftop terrace was great for drinks . We walked to most of the places we wanted to go. Winard and Jose was really friendly. Now this was the quietest hotel room I have experienced in New York! No traffic noise, and no noise from neighbors or the elevators. The view was great and I highly recommend the hotel if you value sleep.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay at Dream Midtown, Nicolette M. I’m glad to hear you had an exciting stay with us. We thank you for your patronage and eagerly await your return to our hotel!