3,031 results
All reviews central park empire steakhouse great location times square new york keurig coffee maker columbus circle attached restaurant bathroom door lincoln center few blocks carnegie hall broadway theaters ironing board lower floor around the corner business center
Reviewed 11 June 2018

My husband and I choose the location because it was with in walking distance to many attractions, the subway and the cruise ship terminal for NCL. The Taxi to the NCL was only $10 from the hotel and convenient. Also, we had the room between the elevators. I was amazed that we could not hear them at all.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

We went to NYC for a short holiday to see a couple of shows and visit some of the galleries/museums near Central Park. This hotel was located perfectly, and that was the reason for selecting it. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful, and the hotel was very clean; no problems there. Our room and bathroom were also very clean. However, our room was poorly laid out (situated behind the bank of elevators, with a long narrow hall inside the room door, leading to the actual room) and small. With the King-sized bed, there was little space to move around. Our other issue was with the restaurant attached to the hotel; very expensive for what you get, particularly breakfast. Our take was that the only way it made sense to have breakfast at the hotel was if you had a big appetite and ordered the buffet. However, that is not us.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Tracy K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Central Park South-Midtown West, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We hope that we will have another opportunity to have you as our guest.

Safe travels!

Reviewed 10 June 2018

The hotel was lovely and smelled very nice when you walk in to the lobby. The desk staff was very friendly and helpful! The room was a bit small, but the huge shower made up for it! With this location, you are just a few blocks from Central Park in one direction and Times Square in the other.

1  Thank lauraaM5315WB
Reviewed 6 June 2018

Thank you so much to the management who went above and beyond to deliver something to my best friends who were in NYC for the weekend. I couldn’t be there and they made sure to get my surprise delivered! Highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 June 2018

Upon arrival at the hotel Friday midafteroon I got a bad first impression. There were 4 front desk people, only one occupied, and I could NOT get a clerk to look up from their keyboard at me. I went to one and he told me to go to the other, I went to her and she walked away from her computer as I approached. No eye contact in 3 minutes. Great, I thought. The shell game when these people are not even busy with other customers or on the phone with customers.

Finally I was able to make eye contact, check in and get my keys, went to room, not too impressive, very small squeeze between desk and bed, if you are large you won't make it. If you are alone it will be better than if two in a king room.

The bathroom was adequate however my companion pointed out the broken peephole probably meant if someone looked in they would be able to see into the bathroom and shower, etc.

Cleanliness gets thumbs up to housekeeping.

Beverage cooler not very cool, no settings to adjust.

The room next door had a family with two squealing kids and we could hear. every. word. in high-pitched kid voices. So please, if you stay here please be considerate of your neighbors and don't slam doors or talk in loud voices as if you had no neighbors sleeping with DO NOT DISTURB signs on their door. And remember, the corridors are not an extension of your room. Standing outside your room door and having loud conversations in the hallway right in front of my room door... well I can hear you ya know!

Not sure if hospitality jobs in NY just suck or these people were just poor reps of Hilton, but I would work on the greeting protocol at the FD if I were the GM. I felt like a PITA instead of a valued customer upon arrival.

Might stay again, but only if I was guaranteed a quiet room.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank MsMMiler
Tracy K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Central Park South-Midtown West, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Thank you for the feedback about your recent stay. We are very sorry your experience did not offer you the quality of service you deserve. We strive to give exceptional service every day, for every guest; I am very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Our goal is to make your stay better and brighter. If something isn't just the way you like it, simply let any Team Member know, and we will make it right. Guaranteed.