6,420 results
All reviews times square sky view room ambassador member shake shack new york corner room subway station rain shower higher floor mini bar hudson river late check hell's kitchen excellent location an upgrade the theater district around the corner
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Took my son a weekend getaway to NYC and stayed at the InterContinential New York Barclay. Fantastic stay! The hotel was beautiful. The staff was extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the area and where to go (restaurants). Would highly recommend!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Alex K, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Thank you for the excellent rating, Joe!

We're so glad that you've enjoyed your stay with us so much. It's wonderful to know that your interactions with our staff have been so positive. We strive to provide each guest with exceptional service and we're so glad that several members of our team went above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. We'll be sure to pass your compliments along to our team.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Have a beautiful day!

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Went here for a 21st birthday for our son. Booked through Expedia. Requested close rooms, didn't really get them and also something in our son's room for his 21st, bottle of wine or something but didn't get that either. A bit disappointing but not too much of an issue. Asked for a city view, didn't get that either.
The pictures on the website can be quite different to what we had. Rooms were clean and we had everything we needed, but on the Sunday we weren't left with any water or coffee for the coffee machine.
Staff were polite what we saw of them.
Brilliant position to Times Square and the hotel was quiet considering how busy Times Square is.
If we went there again we would be more particular in what we accepted.

1  Thank 1971sarahm

Thank you for the great rating, Sarah!

We are always working very hard to provide high-quality experiences for all of our guests. We appreciate that you enjoyed our polite staff, but we are disappointed to hear that we could have done more for you. We will share your feedback with our team moving forward.

We look forward to sharing an even better experience with you soon! Have a beautiful day!

Reviewed 29 May 2018

When I first stayed here is 2015 I absolutely loved the hotel and wrote a review to that effect. As I indicated then, it has been my hotel in NYC for every stay since but, I suspect, no longer.

I’ve always booked my stays through British Airways, while booking my fights, choosing exactly the same room category, yet on my last visit I noticed a change.

Unlike all my previous stays (I come at least twice a year), where I’ve had a room on Floor 21 or above, I found myself allocated a room on the 10th floor. The room was dark, as the light was blocked out by adjacent buildings, with a view of the hotel's air-conditioning vents. One wall also had pen marks like a child had drawn across it. I put the room allocation down to bad luck and the fact there was a large event for Asian visitors taking place in the hotel.

This time, when I checked in, I discovered the hotel had introduced a mandatory $30.00 per day destination fee (not a problem for me as I would recoup most of this cost but it was a disappointing development none the less). However, what really surprised me was being given a room on the 4th floor. I queried this as I thought deluxe rooms were from the 10th floor up but was told they now start at the 3rd floor and this room was the same size. It was indeed but instead of two windows there was only one, again making the room dark. Also, the toilet appeared to be constantly flushing - I even took the lid of the cistern to have a look, only to realise the sewage pipes ran behind the bathroom and what I could actually hear was toilets being flushed in other rooms (and no, I didn’t complain, although I probably should have). I also found that check out is now 11.00am not 12.00.

I see there are fairly recent reviews from other BA customers that tell similar stories about room allocations, which suggests there is a backstory of which we are not aware when we book and pay for our rooms. Regardless of that, it seems my home from home is no longer what it was and, very sadly, I will be considering a new NYC hotel for my next visit.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

We appreciate the feedback, 412kah.

We're disappointed that your stay with us was less than ideal. It's unfortunate you've noticed a decline in the quality of our accommodations. We care about the comfort of our guests so we'll address your concerns with our team moving forward.

We hope for the opportunity to host you again soon for a more positive experience.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

What the intercontinental lacks in modern decor it makes up for in its very friendly staff and central location. The rooms look a little tired and old fashioned however they are comfortable and spacious. The check in staff were aware that this was a birthday trip and surprised us with a happy birthday desert in our room - complimentary! This was a lovely touch and a reflection on the high level customer service they offer. The hotel is minutes walk from times square and is very easy to reach all main attractions via the subway stop outside.

Room tip: The higher floor rooms offer the better views.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank missdana13
Alex K, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Thank you for sharing the fantastic review with us, Dana!

We're happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us. It's wonderful to know that you appreciated our friendly service as well as our central location. We strive to create a memorable experience for each of our guests and we're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.

We look forward to hosting you again the next time you're in town. Thanks again for providing us with your feedback. Have a great day!

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

This hotel is well placed in the middle of the buzz. Easy to get to lots of restaurants, diners and attractions. Walking distance from lots of theatres on Broadway, the Empire State Building, 5th Avenue for shopping.

On my first night, I thought sleeping would be a hassle due to noise but rooms are really quiet.

Staff are polite enough but not necessarily welcoming or friendly.

Beds are really comfortable. There is an iron and ironing board but no kettle.

Coffee making facilities are available and complimentary.

The walk in shower is heavenly... I really enjoyed my stay here with my daughter who loved it as well

1  Thank holidayfan09

Thank you for the 4/5 review!

It's excellent you enjoyed your time with us so much! We're delighted you appreciated our prime location and comfortable beds. We care deeply about the happiness and satisfaction of our guests so we'll address your concerns regarding our amenities and service with our team moving forward. We strive for excellence so we look forward to sharing an even better experience with you soon!

Have a beautiful day!