Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from US$76.80
More Info
from US$86.67
More Info
All reviews great tour new york walking food tour history tour alana chinatown neighborhoods tasting culture knowledge nyc immigrants
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We just did the cookie making class last weekend and had a great time. The Ahoy Team was very helpful in preparing us to make the cookies, guided us through the process with both an excellent instructor and a camera of her work area so we knew we were making the cookies correctly.

The games were fun and challenging enough that all ages enjoyed the experience. Best of all the cookies were delicious.

Date of experience: December 2020
ahoyny, Owner at Ahoy New York Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your review. We are so happy that you enjoyed the cookie class with your family. It really is a great solution when we cannot all be together in-person. We agree, the cookies are delicious. We hope to host you all again!

Reviewed 23 November 2020

The virtual Italian lunch hour was really what I needed to “get out of my house” during the pandemic. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, even though I looked forward to it all week. I learned a lot of Italian food information and I’m really excited to keep cooking more Italian. Alana and Liz have really put a lot of thought and expertise into it. We did trivia and a scavenger hunt as well as cooking DELICIOUS pasta. The recipe is one I would of never found on my own. I’m looking forward to the next one!!

Date of experience: November 2020
ahoyny, Owner at Ahoy New York Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2020

Hi! Thank you for your amazing review. We are so happy that you enjoyed the Italian Lunch Hour Virtual Experience with Liz and Alana. We are happy to have helped you "get out", learn more about Italian cuisine and enjoy a tasty pasta dish. Hope to "see" you soon. Thanks again!

Reviewed 11 October 2020 via mobile

I was given a gift certificate for an Ahoy Food Tour in February, just before the pandemic shut everything down. I was excited to see that the Chinatown and Little Italy tours would be starting up after Labor Day for private tours.

Liz really knows the history of both these areas and their food history. We had a lot of questions and she answered them all in stride.

The 9 tastes were delicious and filling ( 3 of us waited to start eating with the tour and glad we did that.) NYC is so fortunate to have these vibrant communities that have a long historical ‘food’ print!

Bravo for delivering a safe, delicious version of food tourism! Great way to dip your toe into eating out and exploring again!

Thanks for a great day!

Date of experience: October 2020
1  Thank Amy K
Elizabeth E, Manager at Ahoy New York Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2020

Hi Amy K!

Thanks so much for your fabulous review. We really loved having you and your family on tour with us during these uncertain times. To be able to do what we love and get to meet lovely people like yourselves and do it safely brings us true joy. We hope you come back and visit us very soon!

Happy eating! :)

Reviewed 24 July 2020

I highly recommend this company. They are well informed and for a walking food tour you will really see a lot and be fed well. We loved seeing the different neighborhoods and learning the history. The food was AMAZING!!!!

Date of experience: August 2019
2  Thank jduenser
Elizabeth E, Manager at Ahoy New York Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2020

Hello jduenser!
Thank you so much for leaving us a fantastic 5-star review! We are so grateful you took the time to let us know how much fun you had and it is so humbling. We hope you & yours are well during this time & hope to see you again very soon.

Happy eating!

Reviewed 20 April 2020

One of the best things we did on our mother/daughter trip to NYC! Would highly recommend. Food was delicious and absolutely loved hearing about the history and culture of the areas along with the tastings. Will definitely do another one of these when we return.

Date of experience: March 2020
Elizabeth E, Manager at Ahoy New York Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2020

Hello nicolecY107EA!
We are so grateful for your lovely review and thank you for taking the time to let us know what you thought. It thrills us to know you chose to spend your mother/daughter time with us on tour. We hope you are both well during these times and that when it is safe to travel again, that you will join us on another tour.

Happy eating!