All reviews rooftop bar rooms are small provide ear plugs times square fun hotel welcome drink wasted space new york quirky hotel bunk beds cool vibe an iron floor lounge key card penn station shower head street noise
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

We just returned from a visit over the 4th. We were pleasantly surprised at what your dollar can get in NY. We did our research and knew the rooms were small, just 2 of us so not a problem. The layout was great and the bed was very comfy. We loved the shower as well, especially the hot water right away. We were on the 9th floor and it was pretty quiet. I also like that you had to use your card to use the elevators, and the do not disturb was a change of the light outside your room instead of a hang card. Only small issue we had was the sink drain needed some draino or something. When brushing teeth the water drained really slow. The location was awesome. There are a lot of younger people around, so elderly would probably feel out of place. I would definitely stay here again, great value...good location...and a lot of fun!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Alex M, Manager at Moxy NYC Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Thanks so much Cindy W, for choosing the Moxy Times Square for your trip to the city. We love that our accommodations were comfy and that our location was perfect for your visiting needs. It would make us all so happy to see you again and we hope that you have a return trip already in the works. Travel well till next time!

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Wow! This place was super!! First of all the center of NYC action (Times Square) was basically right outside the door. When you enter you get a feel for just how cool this place is when you see games like Jenga and corn hole set up in the lobby. The rooms were small but I guess that expected in NYC and regardless the room had everything that was needed. It was super clean and quiet which you never would have guessed from all the activity in the lobby and on the streets in general. The staff were super friendly and helpful from check-in to check-out and every need in between. I highly recommend this place!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends

Wow thanks so much mo3thn, for the rave review of your Moxy Times Square experience! We think your pretty cool as well and all of us enjoyed hosting your trip to NYC. We love that our location was spot on and so happy you enjoyed our unique hotel experience. Thanks for the recommendations and we cant wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

I don’t think I’ve ever stayed in a hotel room that was so small. That being said it is New York City and I guess that’s what you should expect. The price wasn’t completely out of this world and the convenience of the location was 2nd to none. I wanted to catch a lot of theatre whilst I was in New York and I was only about a 10 minute walk from most of the major productions and theatre venues. It was great being on such convenient subway lines to so made it very easy getting around Manhattan. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful, I had a few bits and pieces that I needed their help with such as suggestions of local laundromat services, printing off boarding passes and work documents.

Although my room was small it was very cleverly designed to fit a lot into a small space. My double queen was definitely only big enough for one person, just wasn’t enough space for two peoples luggage. The rooms were very funky and had a cool design and had been newly renovated.

The only downside that was when I was staying, every night at 1 AM major construction occurred on the road directly outside the hotel entrance by the City. Obviously the hotel staff couldn’t do anything about this but no attempt was made to apologise for the disruption or in anyway make up for it. Luckily I had a fantastic silicon gel earplugs so generally wasn’t disturbed but that wasn’t the case for many other hotel guests. As it was New York Pride that weekend, all hotel rooms were booked so it wasn’t possible to move me or anyone else.

Although my experience was generally positive the size of the hotel rooms was definitely a problem for me personally. If you’re not bothered by this sort of thing then this is a great hotel for you but I just need a little bit more space…

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Alex M, Manager at Moxy NYC Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Dear Ruaraidh H, while overall you really enjoyed our unique hotel experience, we are sad you do not plan to return. Please know we do have many other room layouts available, some even with separate sitting areas. We understand your last trip we were sold out and unable to move you, but perhaps we have a better fit for you next time. Please reconsider and we will do all we can to make sure you are completely comfortable and have the perfect experience you deserve. Thanks for being our guest and safe travels home.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Stayed 4 nights at end of June with my 12 year old. Hotel is clean, quite cool and trendy for a 12 year and this 49 year old. As it says on the website, the rooms are small but for us, it was perfectly adequate as we were out enjoying NYC...roof top generally not open to under 21s apart from brunch on Sat/Sun in July and August, where the menu is fine, view amazing, and crazy golf was funny... Was worried about other reports of noise from the club - we were on 12th floor and it was fine. If you like the photos on the website and minimalist rooms, you'll love it. Bar staff nice to my 12 year old. Water and candy in the lobby, basket ball too....perfect location as we walked everywhere. Didn't eat in the hotel but just two blocks away from Best Bagels and Coffee - the perfect place for breakfast. Will be back for a tourist trip....perhaps not so great for business travellers if you like time in your room. P.S. cocktails are good and 12 year old loved the intelligent elevators.

Stayed: June 2018

Thank you Alexis H, your review really shows we are a good fit for any age. It was a pleasure to know how much your 12 year old found fun and excitement throughout his/her visit and we enjoyed meeting you as well. We would love to have you both back when you are ready for another NYC trip. Thanks again for the kind review and safe travels home!

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed this hotel somewhat the first time
I stayed a month ago. Big room. Hip. Nice staff.

However, just checking in again and I see that it is not suited for any business travelers or really, anyone over 25 years old

Room was tiny. Smallest I’ve had in NYC. And that is saying. A lot. Funky hangers can’t hold your shirts and absolutely no table to sit. Only a bed. The only way to iron any clothes is to put the tiny table top ironing board (no table here) on the floor and hope you don’t get your clothes dirty (see pic). With platinum status I thought I would get an upgrade (they said I did at checkin but didn’t happen). All I got was “sorry”. No help even. Just “sorry”. In their defense I know this hotel is catered to the younger crowd (I’m only 40), but lack of simple amenities makes it a poor choice for anyone who is coming on business. If you’re 22 and want to party, you should stay.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank TexasJay2014

Dear TexasJay2014, thank you for giving us another try on your business trip to the city. We are sorry our style and setup weren't the right vibe for you this go around. We know that the Moxy experience isn't for everyone, but we hope you'll find something you love at one of the many awesome hotels in the Marriott world. Thanks for beinga our guest an please come back if you are looking for a fun energetic night out on the town.