“Passby It”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$159.00*
and up
New York City Shop, Hop and Top Experience...
Ranked #730 of 1,208 things to do in New York City
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

You could skip this, prefer doing my shopping at Chinatown instead. But if you around the area, do come and drop by. Maybe you find something you need.

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

I visited this marketplace in a hot morning of June, at 10,30 a.m. only few shops were open. It's a nice little African marketplace up in Harlem. The products they sell look hand crafted and seems to be of West African origin. I like Africa and the Malcom marketplace is a bit of Africa in New York.

Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

We were disappointed by this market, it is quite small and has a very limited range of things for sale. There were some authentic-looking west African masks for sale, some fake 'designer' handbags and the rest was basically African jewellery and dresses.

There was no food available, most of the store owners were not out (they were behind a plastic cubicle which was behind their sale items) and the whole place had a grotty feel to it.

If I had my time over I would not bother travelling all the way to Harlem to see this.

1  Thank LeahSydney01
Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

I'm so glad I went. I love Malcolm X and what he represented, so I am ecstatic to see they preserved this place beautifully. To look at the spot where this beautiful buffalo soldier fell, it's heartbreaking. But we should remember. We can never forget, because they won't teach it. It's free, but please donate!

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

This is a nice little African marketplace up in Harlem. I have taken visiting tour groups here for years. Most of the them find it very exotic and interesting. The products they sell look hand crafted and seems to be of West African origin. If you like African jewlery, clothes and art products this is the place for you.