“Love This Place”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$159.00*
and up
New York City Shop, Hop and Top Experience...
Ranked #616 of 1,137 things to do in New York City
Reviewed 17 December 2015

I have visited this market a number of times and it is always an interesting experience. The items are authentic African pieces and while you have to often negotiate your price, you will walk away with some pretty nice pieces. During a recent visit to Harlem, I purchased a skirt, jewelry, and of course some black soap. One cannot hit up an African market without not purchasing black soap.

This time, what impressed me the most and what I did not remember from previous visits, is that they have tailors on the premises who make several different items. Skirts, pocketbooks, wallets, and dresses, are just a few items. There were individuals making jewelry, hair and skin products, as well as number of other items for sale.

If you want to shop and want to do and get something different, this place is the place for you!

Reviewed 19 November 2015

Was taking the tour through Harlem and ran into this Flea Market type place. Some of the vendors had really nicely made treasures. Excellent location for unique jewelry and fashionable pieces. And if your looking for knock off designer purses here's a find.

1  Thank Bricynt
Reviewed 11 August 2015

All the sellers at the market are from Africa and sell a bit of everything. Some of it is junk, but if you shop around you'll find cute and cheap earrings, necklaces and other items that you can take home as a souvenir and also actually use!
I wear what I bought all the time and people always admire it!

Reviewed 2 June 2015

Don't think the African American products were authentic. Each stand seemed to have the same type of products. Lots and lots of counterfeit purses which they were pushing. Nothing there for us. I was upset that our tour guide took us there instead of some other worthy New York sights. For example, she never took us to view or point out the Empire State Building. That would have been worthwhile. This market had a kind of porta potty that was locked up. However, they unlocked it for our group of 45. Didn't care to use that type of facility! I know that there are some good reviews for this place but I cannot understand it. A few people purchased the counterfeit stuff but most of us were not interested in it. I guess it depends what you are looking for. This is not a large market.

1  Thank MaryannF650
See more reviews
Reviewed 11 January 2015 via mobile

I was in NY for a play and had extra time thought I stop in Harlem so I heard about this and read the reviews It seemed like all the vendors had the same thing it was a small place as it was I mean some vendors had a little something different but the the most part they were very friendly helpful and fair with pricing. I picked up some raw Shea butter fragrance oils and some hand crafted brass earings Overall its worth stopen by

3  Thank Tracicocoatea P