“Family”

Ranked #749 of 14,912 Restaurants in New York City
Neighbourhood: Financial District
Neighbourhood: Financial District
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Great ambienth, good food and nice location. Place is very well decorated, menu is not very reach. Staff not very pleasent.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,161)

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Absolutely fabulous! Especially after seeing 9/11 museum and feeling emotional

Ate the bruschetta which was delicious, wine was full bodied yet light.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

After our morning visit to the Statue of Liberty we took a quick cab ride over to Eataly. What a great lunchtime experience. It is a fabulous Italian marketplace interspersed with small dining establishments within. It literally takes up the entire building floor. We sat down in their little eatery/bistro "La Pizza & La Pasta" at the top of the escalator and were quickly seated at lunchtime. They offer great wines by the glass, fresh pasta dishes and various artisan pizza's. I enjoyed the Pasta Tagliatelle Ragu with wide thin noodles and a beautiful beef brisket. It was excellent and flavorful, but not too filling. Others had the Pizza which looked quite good, however, it seemed a bit thick and bread-like versus thin crust. Overall, it was a great Italian lunch with friendly service and a very lively atmosphere. A definite thumbs up recommendation when in the Freedom Tower area!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

When we got to the top of the escalator where this is located, we were amazed at how large and extensive it is. If you want a place to buy cheese, meats, deli items, gelato, fresh bread, pasta, etc., etc., then this is your place. In addition, we ate at the Italian pasta and pizza restaurant. The food was good, but not great. While I loved the fresh ingredients in my pizza, I was a little disappointed in the sogginess of the bottom of the crust. My wife enjoyed her pasta dish very much. In any event, eat here or not, this is a great visit to just see everything "Italian" offered in one place. If I lived close, I would likely be a regular at the many carry out possibilities offered here. If you are visiting the 9-11 Museum, suggest you make the easy walk over to visit this place.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Had a dinner at Eataly's La Pizza/La Pasta with 2 friends after a long walk in the area. This looks like a nice place to eat, and their pasta is good (but maybe we were just hungry). The waiter was friendly and helpful. The initial impression was tainted a little because my main order was ignored at first, and when it finally came out my friends have almost finished their meals. I paid the bill and left a tip.

All looked fine until I checked the bank statement to see my card was charged for more than I authorized! Eataly hasn't responsed to my email request for comments. The extra charge is a small sum but I feel robbed...

Future visitors - keep an eye on your bank statements! It's a good idea anyway regardless of where you spend the money.