“Excellent food, enjoyed the Reuben and Barq’s Red Cream Soda”

Slackers Pizza & Deli
Ranked #23 of 25 Restaurants in Torrey
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We actually saw this restaurant under a different name and noticed Slacker’s Burgers across the street. We had some good burgers on our trip so we decided to go across the street to Slacker’s Pizza and Deli. I had an excellent Reuben sandwich and my wife and I both enjoyed the choice of a Barq’s Red Cream Soda with was great. Menu was electronic and very easy to see.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (6)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have been going thru National parks for days and were really hungry just before 1:00 on a Saturday. Took a chance on this spot, I got a cheeseburger and fries while hubby grabbed a Reuben and fries. Mine was great but his sandwich wasn’t that great. But $30 for the meal including drinks.

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 11 May 2021

We ordered a few pizzas and small salads, and they were delicious after a day of national parks and driving. The cashier/phone person was so friendly, patient and helpful, and the staff seemed organized and efficient. They were open for indoor dining, which looked like "normal," but we just got take-out. If you like pizza, you should eat here!

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 20 April 2021

Quit a vibe with all the kids but the food and service were excellent. Great value and a fun place. Try the milkshakes.

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 17 January 2021 via mobile

Slackers recently took over the Reef. I have enjoyed the Reef for many years..GREAT pizza and burgers!great, friendly service. However, now it is a real disappointment. I asked the woman at the cash register if they still served wine, she said " no ma'am..this is a FAMILY restaurant now." I said family members still drink wine...Ok..I was irritated. I ordered something that resembled a calzone and water My friend ordered a halibut sandwich and water. I received my food 31 minutes after she did. The woman was apologetic and in her defense, it was busy and one of a handful of places open in January. It was freezing in there, only 3 people in the whole place weren't wearing their coat. I never removed mine.also, there is a bell that rings every time someone exits or enters. Very annoying. Now the food....the "calzone" or handful as they call it.. was made with a soft dough--more like bread dough- not pizza dough. It was good dough, if you want bread dough... but soggy as it was not pizza dough. And after spending $10 on dinner,i was charged for a water cup. Honestly, that annoyed me immensely...I am so disappointed, I really enjoyed the Reef and was SO looking forward to their food...that is the last time I will eat there.

Date of visit: January 2021