2,670 results
All reviews firefly restaurant sea world mission bay tropical pool resort fee belmont park standard room free shuttle shuttle service short drive pool and hot tub family vacation coffee maker fire pit the san diego area la jolla pools
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

On a family vacation and stayed for 3 nights. Check in/check out was a breeze. Room is as advertised and looked like the pictures online. 2 pools and they show children movies at one after dusk. Have a shuttle to SeaWorld and you get to park your vehicle in a private lot. Staff was friendly and the grounds were gorgeous

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel thinking it had a private beach. This was my first trip with my young granddaughter and I was looking forward to walking right out to the water from our room. While it is located in a beautiful location by the water, the property does not have its own private beach. The nearest beach is about a mile walk. The property is beautiful, the pools are kept clean with movies nightly at one of them. All of the employees were very friendly. The food in the restaurant was good enough although a little overpriced. I planned on taking advantage of the free shuttle to Sea World however the line of people was crazy so we decided to drive. The room itself is what earns a 3 Star. It was just okay. Definitely nothing special or memorable. For this reason, I probably wouldn’t return. There are just too many options in the area and for the rates they charge, I feel I could get a better deal at another property.

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Clean, average hotel rooms. Close to SeaWorld. Onsite food kind of expensive. Our view would have been pretty if there weren't homeless people camped out 24/7. Pool was great. Lots of things you can do as a family. Two people that were above average was James, the person that shuttled us to and from places and a manager that I spoke w/ (I forgot her name). James' customer service was amazing and it truly seemed like he loved his job. Had issues w/ a certain employee but the manager that I spoke w/ handled it very well. Great job w/ service recovery.

Stayed: March 2018
TheDana, Executive Administrative Assistant at The Dana on Mission Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Thank you for the review! We are happy to hear that James made your stay so enjoyable and that our staff is upholding our high service standards. We are glad that your issue was resolved quickly and to your satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

I highly recommend this beautiful hotel.
We've stayed at The Dana on Mission Bay a bunch of times and I can tell you it has always been a very nice hotel that cares about their guests. Their customer service is impeccable. Their rooms are comfy, roomy, and nicely decorated. The property is beautifully landscaped and there is a view of the marina and of the bay.
You can walk along the marina, take a dip in one of the pools, sit by a cozy firepit, have a meal at The Firefly restaurant , or just relax in your room.
This used to be a Best Western Premier property and even though it has changed, they have kept the all around quality.
We've always appreciated The Dana's partnership with PLNU (our daughter's college). It allows PLNU families a discounted rate and 2 free breakfasts.
Please look at The Dana's website photo gallery and you'll see why I say the view AND the property are so nice.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2018

Had a very nice weekend staying at the Dana. They were able to provide us a slip for our boat at the marina which was very convenient. Rooms are very nice with plenty of room even for 2 kids if you bring them :-). Even though we didn't bring our dog it was nice to know they are even dog friendly. Very nice place.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple