All reviews room was clean underground parking mcrd graduation within walking distance shuttle service yogurt free breakfast easy access third floor nice pool hot tub air conditioner sea world balboa park freeway lq marine
Reviewed 30 April 2018

This hotel is very close to the airport. Nice clean rooms and friendly front desk staff.
They transport by shuttle to and from the airport. The fee is charged to your room... so don't try to pay the driver... he got a 100% tip from my husband.... the driver SHOULD have told him that the fee was already paid... but can you blame him?

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: avoid rooms on the west side.... traffic noice was a problem
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
LQ0611GM, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego Old Town/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Sharon,
Thank you so much for your review. We are approximately four miles from the airport. We are sorry about the shuttle charges. I'm glad you enjoyed the room. Hope we get to see you in the near future. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Centrally located from airport, zoo, and short walking distance from Old Town Historic district. The room was a little on the small size but comfortable and clean. It had a frig and microwave which was great. You pay extra to use the room safe. Never ran into that at an other hotel I've stayed at before. You enter your room from an outside walkway that looks out onto the pool. If kids are at the pool you will more than likely be able to hear them from your room. Book online and early to get the better rates.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo

Hello TJ,
Thank you so much for taking valuable time to give us feedback. we are sorry to hear your visit was short. A lot of our guest ask for safe so that's the reason why there is a safe in every room. We do hear mixed feelings about our pool location but we think it's a good place to have it. We hope you come have a longer visit, we would love to see you again.

Reviewed 28 April 2018

I won’t book this hotel again, if I visit San Diego again. The carpet is so old and dirty. It smells awful. The quality of breakfast is average, but egg were soggy. I booked this hotel because reviews said it has good location. It has good location, but there are other good location of hotels too. I paid too much on this one. Overpriced

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQ0611GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego Old Town/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2018

Hi cchiang2868,
I am sorry to hear of the issues that caused you dissatisfaction and we apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We will use your feedback to improve our operation. Our carpets have just been cleaned so I will have to look into the condition of the carpet in your room. We hope you will visit us again and allow us the opportunity to better serve you.

Mercy Wright

Reviewed 25 April 2018

We had a Great stay - Very efficient check in & check out. Quiet despite closeness to traffic, , Friendly staff -Close to eateries, petrol station & Old Town attractions. Stayed in room 329. Special thanks to Gina at checked-out ... we had some good laughs & even got hugs. Thanks again Dora & Vek

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Hello Dora & Vek! Our location is very close to everything.Thank you so much for staying with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 24 April 2018

room was very clean, smelled nice and nice temperature when I walked into the room. Nice feature to have a heated pool, I really enjoyed that feature. Hotel staff very friendly as well. I would recommend this location

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQ0611GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego Old Town/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Hello donnay513, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your stay with us at La Quinta San Diego Old Town/Airport. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and had a positive experience. Providing clean and comfortable rooms is our top priority to ensure you are satisfied during your stay. Thank you for being our guests, we hope to welcome you again soon!

Mercy W.