Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Mel
Cardinal, Canada

Accommodating staff

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 Oct 2023via mobile
Wonderful, welcoming staff! Ed (valet) and Tony (front desk) accommodated all our big and little requests. The rooms need a bit of a renovation but we’re clean. Location is amazing with everything within walking distance. Good dinner recommendations from lobby bartender
Date of stay: October 2023
1.6 km from Courtyard by Marriott Boston Downtown
    HK$2,804
2.0 km from Courtyard by Marriott Boston Downtown
View more hotels in Boston
All reviews great location wang theater hotel is located freedom trail street noise within walking distance bed was comfortable restaurants and bars one night stay corner room quincy market valet checkin conference subway concert
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 September 2023 via mobile

We had serious noise issues with our room 701 on a Sunday evening / Monday morning due to the night club next door to the hotel and overlooking the multi storie car park
We dealt with the Renae who was amazing and we would award her 5 stars
And she looked after us exceptionally👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
Also the waiter at breakfast Michael was another winner at this hotel
His service was first class

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Casey Williams, Guest Services / Front Office at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2023

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay. In your comments you mentioned that your stay was interrupted by a loud disturbance caused by the street noise. My hope is that all our guests experience a relaxing and peaceful stay, and I am very sorry that this wasn’t your experience. Thank you for recognizing the wonderful service provided by both Renee and Michael. We are very lucky to have them as a part of our team!

Reviewed 16 September 2023

The hotel did not have our booking so luckily I had proof on my phone. Because of mixup they did give us a bigger room. Unfortunately the room was very tired and worn looking. The furniture needs to be replaced. The bathroom was great with lots of room. The plug situation was atrocious. Had to go behind main cabinet in room to hook up refrigerator and then unplug lamp. Bizarre setup. The location was good. Luckily an included breakfast because if not a bill of over $60.

Date of stay: September 2023
John Wilmoth, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2023

Dear Nan W,

Thank you for recently staying with us and taking the time to provide some feedback about your visit. Please accept my sincere apologies that the initial arrival experience had some confusion about the reservation. If you have a moment, I would appreciate if you could contact me directly at the Hotel so I can review the details of your reservation and use this as a learning experience for our Front Desk team.

I was pleased to read that the Front Desk team empowered themselves to find a larger room during your stay and appreciate the feedback about the room design. I am hopeful that when you call, I will be able to investigate the specific room you occupied so that I can work with the Operations team to make changes based on your comments.

The feedback that we receive through all channels is vital to our efforts to improve the guest experience. Thanks again for taking a few moments to post about your visit, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,

John Wilmoth, General Manager

Reviewed 10 September 2023

Pretty awful hotel. Very old, rundown and dirty. Needs some serious love. Clubs and bars outside go til late so on Friday and Saturday expect to be awake til around 2am. Rooms are tiny - couldn’t open my suitcase without putting it on the bed. Seriously overpriced. Souless and staff are demotivated and clearly do not want to work here. For the same money you can get somewhere in the same area a lot nicer. My advice : avoid!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Casey Williams, Guest Services / Front Office at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2023

Hello and thank you for taking time to write a review. I am very sorry we did not live up to your expectations or our own. While our hotel is an older facility, it is still our responsibility and pleasure to present the most clean and comfortable rooms possible and we are anxiously awaiting our next guest room renovation. Our downtown location can mean extra activity especially on the weekends and I am sorry that this impacted your stay. Thank you again for your business and sharing your feedback.

Reviewed 3 September 2023

Longtime Bonvoy member and this was disappointing for us. The hotel is under repair - so that could account for some negativity. To be positive - the reception was warm and helpful. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. End! This place is spartan - to say the least. No coffee service in the lobby. The breakfast was abysmal - $20 for the worst eggs Benedict I have ever had - thin slices of deli sausage for ham - awful Hollandaise sauce - packaged, stringy potato somethings - no garnish. Just awful. No safe for valuables in the room. Can you say, "minimalist?"

Room tip: Even the upgrade was spartan!
Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2023

It is 2:30am in the morning right now on a Saturday night. There is music blasting right outside and my room is literally shaking. Apparently there is a club that is letting out people right now and the sound proofing is not good enough to block out the sound. I called the front desk to inquire and mentioned that this is crazy. Gina on the night shift said that well then I’ve never stayed in the theater district, basically saying it is my fault. I was never forewarned and the attitude of the front desk person was appalling. I have lived in Manhattan for 30 years and this wouldn’t happen in Times Square…It is important for guests to know this in advance since according to Gina it will be your fault if you stay at this hotel and your family is awaken in the middle of the night. The music stopped in 30 minutes and it is quiet again now. But it is difficult to enjoy your stay when you don’t sleep well…

Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Sammy S
John Wilmoth, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2023

Dear Sammy S,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the noise you encountered during the late hours of Saturday night. I appreciate your taking the time to post and provide this feedback, especially about the service interaction you experienced with Gina.

I have asked the Front Desk Manager to use your comments to provide coaching to improve her performance. I have often received positive reviews on the professionalism and hospitality that Gina provides to our guests and was disappointed to learn about this incident.

The Hotel has identified that additional soundproofing is needed on the west façade. An order has been placed for a new sound mitigation product, and I expect the installation to occur in mid-September.

It is important to me that we are addressing the specific room you occupied during this project. I would appreciate if you can contact me directly at the Hotel so I may learn of your specific stay details.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,