Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Sammy S

Sound blasting on a Sat night

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 20 Aug 2023
It is 2:30am in the morning right now on a Saturday night. There is music blasting right outside and my room is literally shaking. Apparently there is a club that is letting out people right now and the sound proofing is not good enough to block out the sound. I called the front desk to inquire and mentioned that this is crazy. Gina on the night shift said that well then I’ve never stayed in the theater district, basically saying it is my fault. I was never forewarned and the attitude of the front desk person was appalling. I have lived in Manhattan for 30 years and this wouldn’t happen in Times Square…It is important for guests to know this in advance since according to Gina it will be your fault if you stay at this hotel and your family is awaken in the middle of the night. The music stopped in 30 minutes and it is quiet again now. But it is difficult to enjoy your stay when you don’t sleep well…
Date of stay: August 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
2.0 of 5 bubblesValue
2.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
2.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 20 Aug 2023
Dear Sammy S,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the noise you encountered during the late hours of Saturday night. I appreciate your taking the time to post and provide this feedback, especially about the service interaction you experienced with Gina.

I have asked the Front Desk Manager to use your comments to provide coaching to improve her performance. I have often received positive reviews on the professionalism and hospitality that Gina provides to our guests and was disappointed to learn about this incident.

The Hotel has identified that additional soundproofing is needed on the west façade. An order has been placed for a new sound mitigation product, and I expect the installation to occur in mid-September.

It is important to me that we are addressing the specific room you occupied during this project. I would appreciate if you can contact me directly at the Hotel so I may learn of your specific stay details.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,

0.4 km from Courtyard by Marriott Boston Downtown
    HK$1,800
0.6 km from Courtyard by Marriott Boston Downtown
HK$3,223
Earn rewards on eligible stays
    HK$2,689
    HK$1,187
6.3 km from Courtyard by Marriott Boston Downtown
Free parking
View more hotels in Boston
All reviews great location wang theater hotel is located freedom trail street noise within walking distance bed was comfortable restaurants and bars one night stay corner room quincy market valet checkin conference subway concert
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 August 2023 via mobile

Great location and very clean and comfortable hotel.
Amazing service from Tony, he really made our stay from when I called and spoke to him all the way through to when we left. In this day and age of lack of personal interaction he really is a breathe of fresh air!!!!

Date of stay: August 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2023 via mobile

Great location easy to get around. The hotel doesn't have much to offer food and beverage but it really doesn't matter because there's so much to eat around there and so.much to do. We just slept in the room and was just right for that. Room was clean and you have a mini fridge if you need to store any food.

Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 226st
John Wilmoth, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2023

Dear 226st,

Thank you so much for recently choosing our Hotel and for taking a moment to provide your feedback. I am very glad to know that our central Downtown location helped you to enjoy all of the area attractions and restaurants. I agree that the local neighborhood has a lot of great dining options!

Based on continued customer feedback, we are pleased to be expanding our Food and Beverage offering to include In-Room Dining and Mobile ordering. I hope that on a return visit to Boston we can host you again.

Once again, I greatly appreciate your comments.

Reviewed 10 July 2023

This is an older hotel that has been updated. The rooms are very small but use the space efficiently. It had a location that was close to restaurants and the Commons so it was easy to walk everywhere. The lobby and bar area are a bit dark but overall for a business stay this was fine.

Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Casey Williams, Guest Services / Front Office at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2023

Dear njoireading247,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay. Our hotel sits right in the Theater District and is close to restaurants, the Boston Common and shopping. Built in the 1920s, our hotel does have that old-timey architecture on most of our floors, leading to some cozy-sized rooms. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 27 June 2023

The hotel is near the freedom trail and around lots of restaurants. Rooms were very clean and had a bar that had excellent bartenders, but the prices were very high for drinks. It is about a 25-dollar uber ride from the airport.

Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2023

The location is very good, but that's it.
Hotel is very old, very poorly furnished, not clean.
The small safe was on the floor, hard to use it.
And view was of garages.
And way too expensive.
I cannot believe that they have guts to charge so much money.

Date of stay: October 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
John Wilmoth, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2023

Dear stanislavp584,

Thank you for taking a moment to post about your recent visit. Please accept my sincere apologies that you did not receive the value you had expected during your stay.

We strive to offer a competitive price, and as our current room approaches the end of its design life, it remains critical that we maintain the product. Your feedback is critical as I begin the next renovation cycle plan.

If you could kindly contact me directly at the Hotel, I would be most appreciative. This would allow me to validate your room stay details and address the deficiencies in your specific room.

Thank you again for your feedback. I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,