8,909 results
All reviews boston cream pie freedom trail last hurrah parker house rolls select guest jfk proposed to jackie great location historical hotel rooms are small deluxe room an older hotel historic boston within walking distance quincy market central location faneuil hall the north end
Reviewed 10 November 2014

Large and historic. Situated about 100 yards from Boston Common right in the heart of old historic Boston. In fact the Freedom trail passes right in front of the hotel. Check in staff are helpful and efficient. I was given room 877 - make sure you avoid it. It is situated in an annexe, quite some way from the elevators. The room was tiny - more like a converted store room. The ceiling was cricking as the occupant upstairs was walking in his room. The next day I was given a new room because a circuit failure- fire had knocked out power in my room. I complained of the rooms quality and was upgraded to a decent room. Wifi is free throughout the hotel, though you have to sign in every day. The room was reasonably equipped. Breakfast quality was ok, though selection was not poor - no cheese what so ever.
The big bonus for this hotel is its location.

Room Tip: Avoid 877. Rooms close to the elevators can be more noisy - you can here the bell of the elevator arriving.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2014

Really liked this place. A little pricy for the size of room and little complementaries. Beautiful place with tons of things to do around the area. After my business meeting, I walked around the Freedom Trail located right outside of the building. Great location, great food at the restaurant, the rooms were just a little small. Loved it overall!

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Ben C
Reviewed 10 November 2014

I'll start out by saying my issues before I gush. The internet came at a ridiculous cost, so I had to sit in the lobby to upload pictures from my trip to facebook or what not. For the amount the room cost, I assumed internet came with it. Also, the room was somewhat small. There was only really one space for a suitcase, so we had to alternate who used the space at what time. Very cramped. Then again, two beds fit in that space, which was kind of amazing. There was a shocking lack of outlets, which probably would have been ok for one person, but with three people, each with phones to charge, it was a struggle.
Onto the good. First, the beds were SO comfortable. I fell asleep and stayed asleep, then woke up refreshed. Then, the bathroom was awesome. The shower wasn't ridiculous to figure out and the bathroom was a good size. Plus, lots of extra towels. The amenities in the bathroom were nice as well. I didn't expect q-tips or mouthwash.
The location couldn't have been better. Our room looked out on Old City Hall and was a short walk to anywhere we wanted to go. Only a few blocks to the Boston Commons and the beginning of the Freedom Trail. Plus, the hotel itself is a historic landmark (if you don't know what I'm talking about, a quick google search may help you).
However, even with all of this, the price was exorbitant. We've stayed in Boston before at hotels with the same quality of rooms and service, even with the same convenience of location, but they were nowhere near as expensive as this.
So, all in all, not perfect, but it was a wonderful experience to treat ourselves to.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ameliathetraveler
Reviewed 9 November 2014

This hotel is right in the center of historic downtown Boston. it is within walking distance of most of the major attractions and government center. The hotel lobby is beautiful with great architectural elements. The hotel is home of the Parker House roll. My room was a bit small but nicely furnished and decorated. I only saw the ghost of Harvey Parker once!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tubaman77-CTC
Reviewed 8 November 2014

A beautiful hotel, located within walking distance to Quincy Market, Hay Market, the North End, etc. Comfortable room, pumpkin martini was delicious in lounge, wonderful breakfast, valet parking was efficient and pleasant, nice extras.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple