“Treated one of my sons to a sushi dinner”
Review of Haru Sushi - CLOSED

Haru Sushi
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Back Bay
Transit: Copley Square- Green Line Hynes Convention Center- Green Line Back Bay Station- Orange Line
Description: There's never a dull moment at Haru if you love food, fun, and atmosphere. In a stylish and vibrant setting, Haru Sushi Bar/Restaurant/Bar serves freshly prepared Japanese dishes with a focus of making the customer feel special. Haru's menu is based on quality, creativity, and generous portions of sushi and sashimi. While the fare is very important to Haru's customer, this is not their only reason for dining here. Many return frequently simply because they enjoy the whole experience Haru provides. It's no wonder they say, "it's the next progression in Japanese Fusion."
Reviewed 9 June 2017

My youngest son and I had important errands to run and I said I'd treat him to lunch as it will be our first time dining out since my surgery 10 months ago. I choose the less fancy side (right) and we scored a window seat (4pm) He ordered the Samurai meal that comprised of about 3 different types of sushi rolls.(about 22 total)

He managed to eat all but 5. I ordered a green salad and the tempura popcorn shrimp. The presentation of the food was photo worthy lol . I enjoyed dipping my shrimp into the ginger salad dressing. Our server Carole was very pleasant.

1  Thank Weddings008

Reviewed 23 May 2017

It seems there was only one waiter who was managing the bar and the tables also. Took his sweet time to take the orders. Mojito was not good. Should not be tried. Edamame dumpling should be avoided. Rolls were opening and were not properly rolled - had difficulty in eating. Easily avoidable place. Not worth visiting.

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

When we arrived it wasn't busy at all but the food and service was amazing. I had poke and my friends had chicken teriyaki and sushi combos. Everything was delicious and we paid less than $20 each for our lunch. I would definitely return!

Reviewed 19 May 2017

I stopped in before I left after my business trip. I thought it was great.

The food was phenomenal, in my opinion. Hostess greeted me warmly, led me to the table and was very gracious. The waitress was terrific, answered a question I had about the Korean hot pepper aioli. I got the Popcorn Shrimp and it was terrific, the tempura batter was nice and light.

The Sushi & Sashimi plate was fantastic. I enjoyed all the food and it filled me up for my trip home. I will return again.

2  Thank Todd L
Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

We had lunch at Haru, the Quality of the susi is great, portions are good and the prices are good too.