5 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
ExpediaUS$179
Hotels.comUS$179
Trip.comUS$182
TripadvisorUS$179
ZenHotels.com
1,160 results
All reviews old jail charles river beacon hill clink restaurant prison theme mass general hospital lobby bar cool hotel hotel guests amazing hotel restaurants and bars checking in corner room upon check valet parking td garden the north end
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 December 2020

I planned a trip in October to see my daughter in Boston. MA & NJ changed travel restrictions requiring a 14 day quarantine. I was not able to do that so I canceled my reservation. The people at the hotel said they understood and cxl my reservation. Now a month later they will not credit my CC because it was booked at a lower rate. They said if we booked at a higher rate, they would have refunded my card. The pandemic has been hard on the hospitality business but not to recognize the impact of these restrictions is poor customer service. I would recommend booking at a different hotel if your staying in Boston.

Date of stay: October 2020
1  Thank jbyrnes57
Liberty Hotel, Guest Services / Front Office at The Liberty, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2021

Thank you for taking the time to share this review. Please contact the hotel directly to discuss; we would be happy to review this matter with you.

Reviewed 22 November 2020 via mobile

Stayed here twice recently and the hotel staff were great about honoring my request for a quiet room. They upgraded me where possible for my ambassador status.

Where I do have a difficulty is the destination fee. Not only was I not told at either check in experience what it included to actually try to make use of the amenities, but if it’s something already included in elite member benefits such as internet access, the hotel is supposed to offer an alternative benefit. With all of this disregarded, the fee is just a greedy revenue making opportunity. I get that you can charge it, just be upfront and transparent so I have some chance of trying to get a tiny bit of value from it. At least give me more than one bottle of water for $25 a night...

Other good aspects were the Saturday morning service at brunch. I was seated just inside the entrance both times and the server is very attentive and pleasant.

The food at the bar was consistently good comfort food and efficient service.

Despite my diatribe about the destination fee I think this hotel is a solid choice and reasonably priced, in line with the other choices in Boston right now.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank MsHellfire
Liberty Hotel, Guest Services / Front Office at The Liberty, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to share this review, and for your continued business and loyalty to The Liberty. We are appreciative of your kind words regarding our CLINK. weekend brunch and The Liberty Bar, and friendly staff. We know you have many hotel choices here in Boston, and it means so much to us that you continue to choose The Liberty. We apologize for any confusion surrounding our destination fee, which is disclosed in the booking process. We hope that during your next stay you are able to take advantage of the included amenities.

Reviewed 13 November 2020

Large comfortable room, close to Faneuil Hall restaurants, close to waterfront
and easy to walk to lots of attaractions, very friendly and good customer experience, good location to get to everywhere in the city

Room tip: nice lights in evening
Date of stay: March 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank soniadN1573VM
Joseph Toscano, Guest Services / Front Office at The Liberty, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2020

Thank you for your honest and kind review. I will be sure to share this will my team. We look forward to seeing you again! Please call if you would like to chat more about your experience. Otherwise, stay healthy and have safe travels.

Reviewed 10 November 2020 via mobile

I have stayed at several hotels around Boston. The Liberty is hands down my favorite hotel in the the city. It has so much to offer! The design and history of the hotel it so cool and interesting! They have one of my favorite restaurants right there inside, Scampo. This restaurant is a must! All together this hotel is hands down the best in Boston! It’s beautiful, unique, fun, and the service is un beatable!

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brianna M
Liberty Hotel, Guest Services / Front Office at The Liberty, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you so much for this exceptional review! We are so appreciative of the kind words about our unique history as the site of the former Charles Street Jail, award-winning design, and stellar service. We thank you for your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to The Liberty again soon.

Reviewed 7 November 2020

I would give zero stars if possible
I had a family emergency, Covid related and needed to change the date of my reservation and was refused and charged full price. Absolutely disgusting in these times when all hotels in Boston sit empty and a Marriott rewards member is refused assistance during a family emergency. I will never stay at another Marriott property in my life.

I cannot believe this treatment and will be sure to tell everyone I know about it. Disgraceful.

Date of stay: November 2020
3  Thank 459russellp

On behalf of the entire team at the Liberty, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Boston, I sincerely apologize for falling short of not only meeting your expectations, but ours as well. I understand this issue was resolved directly between you and our revenue manager. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with. Please stay safe and we hope everything concerning your family emergency resulted in the best possible way.