“Good breakfast in a historic restaurant”

Parker's Restaurant
Ranked #96 of 3,080 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Tremont St.
Transit: Green Line & Red Line to Park Street. Blue Line & Orange Line to State Station.
Description: Located inside the Omni Parker House in downtown Boston, Parker's Restaurant is your destination for fine dining in Boston. Our Executive Chef, Gerry Tice celebrates nostalgic cuisine with contemporary flair at the birthplace of Boston Cream Pie, the Parker House Roll and Boston Scrod. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Reviewed 3 April 2022 via mobile

I’ve read up on the history of Parker House Hotel and it’s restaurant and I was happy to finally come in and have breakfast here.

It was pretty quiet and I think there were only two other tables of guests when I came in.

The waitress was really friendly and went to get my ice tea for me.

I ordered the corn beef and hash with toast and sunny side up eggs on top.

The hash was good, it had red peppers and onions.

While I was there, the waitress shared a couple of fun bits about the restaurant.

This was a place that Julia Child would frequent and sat at the table next to where I was sitting and a young upcoming chef, Emeril Lagasse was cooking.

I also sat at the table (#40), where JFK had announced his engagement to Jackie.

Food and good conversation, who could ask for more.

I hope to eat here again soon!

Date of visit: April 2022
2  Thank ryozsun

Reviewed 23 October 2021

When visiting another city, where to have breakfast is usually among the first of my researches. I rarely write about these wonderful places because, really, what can you say about bacon and eggs? I’m making an exception for the Parker House, which is located inside the Omni Hotel. Their breakfast specialties will keep you ready for anything all day. You could choose the sheer volume of the Beacon Hill Breakfast, down to their American Breakfast (no slouch), as well as their House Omelet (you may choose from several ingredients), and their Eggs Benedict. I believe you can also order their famous Boston Cream Pie, but, really, who has the room for it? And, apparently, they are at present (October 2021) ONLY open for breakfast. The ambience and service is superb, and justifies this necessary luxury. I was lucky in that I was staying almost a mile away, because I found the going-to walk very helpful in developing an early morning appetite and the returning walk, through the Common, an absolute necessity.

Date of visit: October 2021
2  Thank BFK-NYC1
Reviewed 4 August 2021

was only open at the bar on our last day there. however the view of the street was wonderful and very classy place to have a drink. the staff is first rate and the food i saw people order was really good looking. when we come back we are eating/drinking here if open.

Date of visit: July 2021
1  Thank CharlesArmyBrat55
Reviewed 28 December 2020

You might think twice about ordering their Boston Cream Pie through Goldbelly. I received mine in a box propped on the wrong end. It was lopsided and all the custard shifted to one side. Lindsay of Goldbelly refuses to issue a refund.

Date of visit: December 2020
3  Thank bizzyziggy
Reviewed 31 March 2020 via mobile

I have had chowder all over New England for the past 30 years and I have to say Parker’s has one of the best clam chowders I have had

Date of visit: October 2019