“Good Food”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Back Bay
Reviewed 17 November 2021 via mobile

Flour offers consistently fine food. I use the app to place orders and pick up my orders. The staff is very friendly, but there are times when Flour gets very busy and orders placed hours earlier are not ready on time. This is a minor annoyance, however, and I will happily return.

Date of visit: November 2021
1  Thank MarkP115

Reviewed 16 October 2021 via mobile

Food and pastry was good but two things really bother me. The line to order was extremely long. They only have one person taking orders. About 12 people work behind the counter but they all seem to be handling online and app orders. They treat ordering in person as an inconvenience. They also said nothing to the guy with a large dog (not a service dog) in the cafe for about 15 min. The dog was sniffing people and they were patting him. Even though they had a sign on the door, nothing was said. A guy came in without a mask on and they immediately told him to put a mask on, but a dog in a restaurant they don’t care about. I had the coconut cake, was ok but definitely not fresh made, tasted like it had been in the refrigerator a while. On the plus side the roast beef sandwich and the fennel salad were very good. I have been here a few times and will be back as long as the follow health codes.

Date of visit: October 2021
Reviewed 16 October 2021

Quality, price, service - everything is excellent at Flour! It's my go to for quick and quality lunch. A gem of Boston.

Date of visit: October 2021
Reviewed 29 September 2021 via mobile

This is a great option for a quick breakfast or lunch. We went for breakfast while visiting from out of town. I had a yogurt parfait, a currant oat scone, and a London Fog, all of which were very good. They had some wonderful looking cakes and pastries, as well. There was a decent amount of seating, so we were able to eat in, but I could see where it could fill up quickly, particularly in the morning. The process to get food after ordering was a little confusing, as some items are brought to you and others you’re supposed to pick up from the counter.

Date of visit: September 2021
Reviewed 17 September 2021

This is a popular place with the 20-something crowd. If you're a regular you know the order routine, but I was a first timer (as others I noticed) and the line which started outside was confusing as to how to order. There was one line that was really two as you moved along: One to order at a kiosk and one to order in person - this was not clear to me for a bit.
Then I sat and waited for my order and the first time my name was called I didn't see who yelled out my name (as there are multiple people filling the orders and yelling names). So I looked confused trying to figure out who had my order. Then when I got it, I found it was not completed - seems that there was ALSO multiple people filling my one order (getting together the items I ordered separately). Good thing I checked my order before I walked out. So I waited for my name to be called a second time. SO CONFUSING.
As to the food - so, so in my opinion. Maybe the hassle to get my order tainted my food opinion - so take it as it is.

Date of visit: September 2021
Flour Bakery, General Manager at Flour Bakery & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2021

Hello- I am so sorry that the process was not smooth. We are always trying to tweak or process so that it is more user friendly. If you want to talk further, please email me at kerri@flourbakery.com and I hope you will give us another try.

Thank you!