“Meraviglioso!”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Avery Street
Transit: Boylston/Green Line
Description: Teatro Restaurant is defined by its vibrant, casual elegance in both atmosphere and food. Nestled in Boston's Theater District, Chef Jamie Mammano takes a contemporary approach to classic Italian dishes, offering craft cocktails and fine wine. The seasonal menu boasts fresh pasta, grilled thin crust pizza, charcuterie, fresh seafood and specialty meats prepared with the utmost care in our open kitchen. Whether out on the town with friends, or off to a nearby theater with a date, Teatro lends its grace to any occasion.
Reviewed 6 March 2020 via mobile

Wine and antipasti to start, calamari served hot, in a cone shaped basket. Salad, pasta, and entrees followed and were shared around the table. (my favorite way to dine Italian) It’s cozy atmosphere, great service and well-prepared food, a recipe for a fine night out with friends and family!

2  Thank mcemallon

Reviewed 2 March 2020

We went to Teatro on Sunday night. You should make a reservation as it is always busy and the seating is very tight. The waiters are fantastic - cold water always being refilled. The food - well it is extremely delicious. You might want to go with the small plates as it is very rich and fresh. I would recommend this restaurant for a special occasion or just a special night out.

Date of visit: March 2020
2  Thank Notkidding335
Reviewed 10 February 2020 via mobile

We were staying in the theater district and wanted Italian Food but didn’t want to walk to the North End. I did a little searching and we were pretty close to Teatro. Arrived just before 8 on Saturday night. Had no problem grabbing a couple seats at the bar. Perfect time no as many people had just left to go to a show.
Ryan, our bartender, was super friendly and helpful. The menu has good variety and you can order half portions of several dishes. I enjoyed the beet salad and half portion of their version of shrimp scampi. Both were delicious! My boy friend had the veal saltimbocca and he loved it. The bread was excellent as well.
We were really happy to find this great restaurant. It was close to our hotel, the food was great and the prices very reasonable. We will go back!

2  Thank ecg207
Reviewed 4 February 2020

Just spent the weekend in Boston & happened upon Teatro. Who knew it was just kitty corner from Emerson?! Even better, since I am here every so often visiting my kiddo. No reservation of course, since as of late, my husband & I are spontaneous! We call & it's bar seating only or a 915 seating, but we've got to catch a show. We luck out and nab seats at the bar. The gal and guy that take care of us that evening make recommendations that are spot on. We start with calamari - it's cooked perfectly; and the portion is definitely shareable - for definitely 3, 4 possibly. They also bring you some complimentary bread to nosh on while you're deciding what else to have! The cocktail list looks interesting and I will have to give that a go the next time I'm back. I'm partial to reds and had a glass of cabernet. Should've had the chardonnay since I wound up with mussels. My husband had it, and that was delicious. Son had the chicken parmigiana and had option of pasta. Good sized portion. Husband ordered the baby beets - we pause at the size, beautiful and delicious nonetheless. And I had the mussels...no shells, no work, just the mussels, the winning dish. Just as the staff described it. It was delicious!! The broth has a delicate richness to it and it's just perfect - the wine, touch of cream, and the crusty bread to soak it up. Mmmm goodness. Oh and we shared parmesan truffle fries! Cause when you see that on the menu, who can pass it up?! We'll definitely be back and will try and plan ahead and book a table in advance.

2  Thank vdizzles
Reviewed 19 January 2020 via mobile

Dinner before a show on a snowy Saturday night in Boston. First time at Teatro. The food was excellent and the service was excellent, too.

Date of visit: January 2020