“Very traditional and still a pleasant surprise”
Review of Mother Anna's

Mother Anna's
Reserve a table
Fri, 09/12
20:00
Ranked #249 of 3,081 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: North End
Cross street: Between Cross St. and Richmond St.
Transit: Congress St @ Hanover St (191, 192, 193) Haymarket Station - Outbound (Orange Line) Haymarket Station - Inbound (Orange Line)
Reviewed 8 January 2020

Took my wife and daughter for a new year's eve dinner which by the way had same menu (food and price). Though the location does not look as fancy as many others in the Hannover st, Mother Anna's is a very traditional place you could see by the menu, reviews and people joining us in the evening. I had read the reviews and they were very real to what we experience in terms of quality of the food.
I was pleasantly surprised by the taste/flavors of our food so in agreement with other reviews. still perhaps not the first pick for an special younger couple's special dates but certainly good call for family with kids.

2  Thank arnonclopes

Reviewed 3 January 2020 via mobile

I couldn't believe this place actually cheats people!!!!! I called two days ago because I found out someone in the restaurant charged extra on my credit card bill without my permission. And then I was told to call the manager today and I would get my money back but after several tries I couldn't even get on phone?! Is it the right attitude to handel the problem ? If it's really necessary in this case, I will report it to the Customer Complaint.

1  Thank Shilin Z
Reviewed 2 January 2020 via mobile

We loved it! Old school, friendly staff, excellent views. Great family owned North End restaurant. We will
Return!!

Date of visit: January 2020
2  Thank MKS1964
Reviewed 16 December 2019

I've been wanting to try this landmark Italian restaurant for years and finally got the opportunity this evening. The food and service was out this world. The Veal Roberto was to die for. We'll be back again for sure!

Reviewed 8 December 2019

My wife and I here 36 years ago on our first date. I don’t think we had been back since then but returned last night with our adult son to celebrate our 34th wedding anniversary. My wife is a native-born Italian and our son went to culinary school in Florence. I think we were all surprised by how much we liked Mother Anna’s and don’t know why we waited so long to return, although we remembered it as a place that had Italian spelling errors on the menu 36 years ago ( now replaced by an English-language menu). Terrific red sauce. Loved the calamari and the eggplant rollatini. Wonderful eggplant and veal parm. My wife enjoyed her veal verdicchio. We rolled out of their stuffed and happy.