“So good you don't want to review it”
Review of 75 Chestnut

75 Chestnut
Reserve with OpenTable
75 Chestnut is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 3,558 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Beacon Hill
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I took our graduating daughter for dinner here on commencement weekend (Friday night). Our reservation was a must. We enjoyed our walk from the T stop (<5 minutes) and the beautiful location on Chestnut St; it is the definition of "neighborhood gem". We were seated right away, had great service, and struggled to choose from the items on the menu and daily specials. The "help yourself" cheese and crackers are a friendly touch. It was a great place to celebrate and we will definitely be back.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

Had the most amazing meal and service. Great atmosphere. Our waitress, Samantha was very friendly and extremely attentive. The most delicious tenderloin and seafood stew. Reservations required.

Reviewed 19 April 2018

We were here for a late evening dinner. The waitress was very helpful with beverage selections. The entrees were delicious. The roasted vegetables were excellent and it was such a nice presentation. Our group of 6 tried a bit of everything from the wraps to the veggie burger, fish fry and dinner entrees. Everything was delicious and the service was exceptionally good. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

I needed a place for brunch in Boston and was glad to find this spot. They are on Open Table which is clutch as it means no waits. Service is great, they have a full bar and make really good cocktails and also have a good beer selection. The portions are large and the ingredients are quality plus the prices are reasonable.

Reviewed 13 April 2018

I had made a reservation for a large group on a Saturday night. We had another event first, and we arrived almost a half an hour late. They had tried to reach me to confirm our reservation, but I hadn't heard my phone. So they had given away one of our tables when we arrived. But they handled everything really well. For one thing just having 16 people pour in at once is disconcerting. They got us seated, moved the other couple so we had more room, got us menus and took a wide variety of orders over a busy din of noise on a busy Saturday night. The food came promptly, wine was served, all with a very distracted group of diners who weren't paying a lot of attention to ordering. I was very impressed with how they managed it all.
The restaurant itself is charming and very Beacon Hill. It is in the flat base part of the Hill on a side street, so you need to know about it. But without a doubt many people do as it was full and bustling on a cold Saturday night in April. I had a few appetizers -- the calamari, the shrimp cocktail, the crab cakes and the Bibb salad -- we split a number of these among us. I thought everything was quite good. The calamari was crispy and light, the crab cakes had some spice, the salad was perfectly dressed, and the shrimp cocktail was comprised of generously large shrimp. While the menu choices seemed pretty standard, the execution was really well done. Definitely a crowd-pleaser type of place as there was something for everyone, but often at restaurants that cater to the common denominator the food isn't all that great. Not so with 75 Chestnut. The food was excellent without being fussy.