14 people are viewing this hotel
View deal
Agoda.com
ZenHotels.com
3,431 results
All reviews wine hour kimpton hotel freedom trail beantown pub skyline view mini bar state house beacon hill perfect location the north end corner room faneuil hall downtown crossing charles river valet parking upon check coffee maker
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 November 2022 via mobile

Nice hotel. A little more homey than the big chains… although kimpton is now part of holiday inn. I’ve been staying here for several years. Generally no fuss and no muss. I would say the last time the desk attendant didn’t really seem glad that I was around. But generally all good

Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Brian Smith, General Manager at Hotel AKA Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2022

Hi VNORVI and thank you for taking the time to leave your review of Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel. We appreciate your loyalty and continuing to visit us when staying in Boston. Your feedback is truly a gift and trust it will be put to use. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2022

Room smells like smoke, floors are old and dirty. Tub was old and dirty,shower didn’t work properly. Terrible service in the front desk.

Definey not a 4 stars hotel - a bad choice to stay. We decided to leave the hotel after the first night.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Brian Smith, General Manager at Hotel AKA Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2022

Thank you very much Jose M for letting us know about your experience at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel. We sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced and appreciate your comments that allow us to address your concerns and make improvements where needed.

Reviewed 15 October 2022

Nice enough room, great location, no food or room service, no alcohol until after 5:00PM, very little water pressure, runs out of hot water around 8:00AM. Almost impossible to get the room tempt below 73.

Date of stay: October 2022
Brian Smith, General Manager at Hotel AKA Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2022

Hello roberthW9872ZZ and thank you for leaving your review of Kimpton Nine Zero. We apologize for the issues you experienced and appreciate you providing this feedback so we can address these issues. Please know our restaurant Better Sorts Social Club, located on the 2nd floor of the hotel is now open for breakfast daily and the bar is open Tue-Sat for dinner and drinks. We hope you will have an opportunity to come visit us again and allow us the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel.

Reviewed 3 October 2022 via mobile

Boston, MA… It is one of those cities where you ask yourself why aren’t you living here. Home to many well-known colleges, the arcs of the American Revolution, and everything that’s unique to the New England region of America. Tourists, college families, and businessmen flock the old fashion streets from many competitive accommodations in the Boston area. The Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel is a Boutique Luxury Hotel located razor close to the Boston Common. Given the mixed reviews I read before my stay, I was quite skeptical about staying at this hotel. I could have chosen any other hotel like my comfort brand the InterContinental, but I was on budget and couldn’t use my Ambassador Complimentary Weekend Night there. Therefore, I decided to risk it by staying here for my two nights in Boston.

My first ever trip to Boston took place between September 29th to October 1st. As the Diamond Elite Ambassador Member, I booked the 1 King Premium Room, but was later upgraded upon arrival to the 1 King Premium Skyline Corner View Room upon my arrival. The room costed $660 for two nights after a deduction of my Ambassador Complimentary Weekend Night Voucher. After a quick subway ride from Logan Airport, I made the 10 minute walk to the hotel from the State Station. After walking into the casual, posh, yet vibrant hotel lobby, I was welcomed by Liz. Liz briefed me on my room upgrade, the Kimpton hotel features such as the Better Sorts Social Club restaurant, and the daily hotel traditions at Kimpton like the Morning Coffee Table or Social Wine Hour. I had a very nice experience checking-in with Liz.

Down the cozy looking hall, through the posh elevator, up 15 levels is my room 1605. As mentioned it the Skyline View Corner Premium King Room. The size of the room is at 350 SQFT or 32 SQM. To me it is a room size comfortably sufficient for two people. In this corner room when you enter the door is the minibar table and bathroom containing a Toto Toilet, Sink, and Spa Shower with Atelier Bloem Shower Supplies. Through the wooden floored hallways is a nice closet, followed by the bedroom itself. The bedroom contains the Comfortable King Bed, an oversized desk, a TV, a leather chair and ottoman. The corner view shows the Boston Common on one angle, and the other shows Paul Revere’s Graveyard. The overall design of the room is like a cozy modern study hall, except with the hotel room features. I do like this room and its features. One thing to improve on for future reference is to start replacing the COVID-era plastic cups at the sinks with real glass cups. I think that’s something the hotel should do to bring it a step towards absolute perfection.

Making sure your stay is up to your perception of perfection would be the Assistant General Manager Michael. Micheal is not someone I actually met in person, rather he (or someone who relives him on off-shift hours) hides behind a cellphone standing by as your asynchronous butler via text message. You ask him for a dental kit or a bag of ice, he will get a room attendant to serve it. If you need anything or to ask about anything regarding the hotel, just text the number that will reach out to you on check-in day. I think Michael handled my cellular experience of my Kimpton experience well, it’s a nice touch to personalize service for such a busy boutique hotel. Important note for the IHG One Members out there: If you want the 2PM Late Check-Out here, make sure it’s requested at check-in.

Liz advised me that the Better Sorts Social Club was relaunched on the day I arrived at the hotel. Any lunch or dinner services can now be used by guests at this hotel. I specially came in for my breakfast amenity which is complimentary for the Diamond Elite Members. The Better Sorts Social Club is certainly one of the most cozy looking part of this hotel property. You have a full-bar and cozy leather seating in the atmosphere of an old fashion but modern interior design. For the first morning I had the American Breakfast with Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Breakfast Potatoes, and White Toast. For the second morning I had Pancakes with Maple Butter, Blueberries, Strawberries, and Maple Syrup. I had great serving staff looking after me, which I wish I could know the names of so I could give them a shout.

This is a nice Kimpton Hotel. It’s one of those versatile brands that define luxury in the most casual way possible. In ways the Nine Zero is already a game-changer to the hotel industry in Boston, given the uniqueness and rare convenience this hotel has to offer. I was checked out by the lovely Nicole to top off my stay at the hotel, she addressed the minor plastic cup issue. But overall, I had a nice experience at this hotel. I was skeptical at first, but I have come to enjoy the fruits of my budget trip investment taking. This stay was certainly worth giving away the IHG Ambassador Weekend Night Certificate. Staying at this hotel allowed me to get a deep sense of Boston from a convinient yet intimate perspective.

I look forward to my return to Boston and this hotel soon!

Room tip: Get the Skyline View Room, you’re gonna want it!
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Stanley1588
Brian Smith, General Manager at Hotel AKA Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2022

Thank you Stanley1588, this review made our day and we are thrilled you took the time to share the details of your experience. Great to hear how Michael, Liz and Nicole made such a positive impact during your stay. Everyone here is excited Better Sorts Social Club is open again and providing a great food & beverage experience for our guests. Oh and don't worry, those plastic cups are being replaced with real glasses! Looking forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 1 October 2022 via mobile

Stopped here at the 2nd floor bar with friends who were staying at the hotel. Very friendly bartender (Brad) who made us feel right at home and mixed some great cocktails for us. Nice decor and would definitely come back.

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you Mikes12345678! So happy you were able to join us in Better Sorts Social Club which has recently reopened for breakfast and bar service. We agree, Brad makes great drinks and we will share your feedback with him to recognize his skills. Come back and see us (and Brad) again soon.