2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$168
Trip.comUS$197
ExpediaUS$168
TripadvisorUS$168
3,316 results
All reviews wine hour freedom trail wine reception beantown pub skyline view boston commons mini bar state house beacon hill chocolate covered strawberries the north end perfect location corner room faneuil hall continental breakfast downtown crossing charles river
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 January 2021

I stayed for one night at the Nine Zero (and was bowled over by the staff. The Keurig machine can be sent to the room but when Phil heard that I drink tea all day and night when working, he went out of his way to get me a stash of English Breakfast tea bags. There's the lovely Yary who checked me in and was available to help answer any questions. Addy prepared the tea tray with the kettle and paraphenalia and brought it to my room. Jorge was always very welcoming at the door when I came back.

The building itself is charming with clusters of rooms in nooks and corners. Vintage picture adorn the wall with matching style furniture. The room was spacious, the bed was firm the way I like it, and the headrest was comfortable to lean against with good reading light over it. Good volume of hot water in the shower.

Nice restaurants, a food court, and fast food within 2-8 mins walk. Check out Bonjour and say hi to owner Driss - a charming French cafe with classics like Egg Benedict, Avocado Toast, and Shaksuka. Offers a 10% discount for hotel guests. Mast serving Italian food, is 2 mins round the corner and they offer 15% discount to guests. Chinatown is a couple of blocks away. Lots of shops 3 mins away on Washington St, as are the T stations Downtown Crossing and Park Street which will literally get you to any part of Boston.

Thank you so much for a delightful stay.

2  Thank Grace S
Joe Capalbo, Owner at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2021

Thanks so much for the awesome review, we love having you! Can't wait for you to return!

Reviewed 19 January 2021 via mobile

I enjoyed a 5-star experience with the amazing staff & top notch accomodations at the beautiful Nine Zero Hotel. My stay was an unexpectedly extended one & the management (Phil, Joseph) front desk staff (Yary, Leon, Liz) & housekeeping professionals (Addy was terrific) really went out of their way to make me & my pet (see photo attached of David Ortiz the Cat enjoying the gorgeous view from Rm 1002) feel like we were at home during a challenging time. The stunning room, lovely common areas, most convenient location in the city - all wonderful.

Major bonus: PET FRIENDLY at no extra fee (as with all Kimptons).

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank LetteringByLiz
Joe Capalbo, Owner at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2021

Wow, thank you so much for the amazing feedback and team member shout outs! We will be celebrating for sure...thanks for choosing to stay with us during these crazy times!

Reviewed 19 January 2021

From the valet to the front desk, everyone was as pleasant as can be. The representatives at the front desk who checked us in AND checked in on us throughout our stay (via text) were so kind and helpful. Due to the pandemic they understandably don’t have an operating restaurant or bar but they offered a wine “happy hour” where you could grab a complimentary glass of wine in the lobby to enjoy in your room, and coffee in the mornings. The room was clean and enjoyable, great functioning and adjustable AC, TV, phone/in-room tablet, etc.
Thank you to the awesome staff for making our last minute stay such an enjoyable one - we didn’t want to leave!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank llleche

Hard to top that, thank you so much for the amazing feedback! I appreciate the kind words and for you choosing to stay with us!

Reviewed 6 January 2021

My stay was subpar. I booked a Hub Suite, which every website said would accommodate 4, and I specifically indicated that we would be 4 during the booking process. We arrived past 1am on our first day but actually started getting ready for bed at around 3:30am. At that time, we discovered that the room was only equipped with 1 king bed; there was no sofa bed. We had to call the front desk and request 2 rollaway beds, and it took about 45 minutes for both beds to be delivered. We ended up going to sleep past 4:30am. We later found out that the none of the Hub Suites have a sofa bed! That being the case, it should not be advertised that those rooms accommodate 4 guests because they do not, but at the very least, the 2 rollaway beds should have already been in the room prepared for us. The following morning, we spoke to a lady manager or assistant manager (don’t remember her name) who said she could only credit $100 for our troubles. She said that the rollaway beds weren’t already in the room because “sometimes, people indicate that it’s more than 2 people by mistake”. I told her she should not have made that assumption because in our case, we were actually 4! I feel like the credit should have been more since we did not get what we had booked; a room that comfortably accommodates 4. We booked a Hub Suite because it provided a nice living room space, where we planned to celebrate New Year’s Eve. But now, we had 2 rollaway beds in the middle of that space, so it was as if we had booked a regular room.

The rollaway beds were TERRIBLE. We had to have them replaced toward the end of our stay. My kids were literally sleeping on springs with a thin covering on top. They made so much noise and were so uncomfortable that you would think the beds were first bought in 1960 and never replaced. Not fair, especially since we stayed for 6 nights!

The lady manager that gave us the $100 credit had also offered to cover the valet parking expense. We did not have a car upon arrival but ended up renting one for a day. Upon checkout, we saw that 2 nights of valet parking (at $55 a night) had been charged to our room. When we informed the front desk attendant that the lady manager had offered to cover the valet cost, he said he didn’t see any notes about it. Instead of inquiring further and trying to help us, he kept interrupting me and wouldn’t let me finish my sentences. He was very rude. I had to stop him in his tracks and tell him to not interrupt me anymore. That’s when he finally called Joseph Farrenkopf (the manager on-site) over. Joseph was very kind and understanding, and was able to take care of the valet fees for us. I actually recall seeing Joseph throughout our stay and he was very nice and attentive. He would even serve wine during happy hour.

To sum it up, my stay was subpar because I did not get what I paid for, and with the exception of Joseph, the cleaning staff and the valet staff, the rest of the staff I interacted with was either not very knowledgeable about the hotel or was not nice, welcoming, or understanding.

P.S. We just arrived back home and as we were walking to get our luggage, my six year old tells me: “I’m glad we are back home”. Mind you, he’s never said that after a trip. He always wants to prolong the vacation. I asked him “why papi?”. He said “I didn’t want to sleep in the uncomfortable bed (the rollaway) anymore. :’(

Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank Edgarvzz
Joe Capalbo, Owner at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2021

I'm so sorry that you experienced this during your stay. It's definitely not what we want and something that I will address with the team. Thanks for the feedback on the rollaways, we hadn't heard that before. I'll do an audit and see which ones need replacing, but I really appreciate you calling it out.

Thanks again and I'm so sorry for your experience.

Thanks,

Reviewed 1 January 2021 via mobile

The room looks amazing and the bathroom is also great. However, there was mysterious knocking on our door and nobody was interested in hearing it at the front desk. Their whole front desk staff seems completely uninterested in ensuring a great stay, which is problematic. To make this all worse, the whole elevator and 7th floor reeked of marijuana and completely ruined our stay.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Joe Capalbo, Owner at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2021

I'm so sorry that other guests caused a challenging experience for you and that you felt the team was uninterested. That is not our intention by any means and I will address with the team here. Thanks for bringing these issues to my attention.

Regards,