“This is a must try in Boston”

Strega Italiano Seaport
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Cross street: Northern Ave
Description: Located at Fan Pier in Boston’s beautiful Seaport District, Strega Italiano Seaport is certainly Boston’s foremost dining destination with breathtaking oceanfront views, dazzling interiors and a new twist on its famous Italian cuisine.
Reviewed 11 August 2022

Simply, I have no words, everything was delicious, our waitress was so nice I even tipped her $200 also the manager was a funny guy, even though we got to the restaurant almost at closing, they still did their best to make our dinner comfy, we were three people and we ordered over 10 dishes and we loved them all.

Date of visit: July 2022

Reviewed 17 July 2022 via mobile

Had some delicious bolognese here, the cod was okay but the drinks were delicious. Also recommend the burrata and pesto gnocchi

Date of visit: June 2022
1  Thank Leandro S
Reviewed 16 July 2022 via mobile

We wanted to spend a lovely evening for our last night in Boston, but it wasn’t as nice as we expected, First, our table was not where we wanted, and the first thing we saw was a dead mosquito on the plate. The food was not that great and not what would be expected.

Date of visit: July 2022
Reviewed 12 June 2022 via mobile

We ate inside, and it was loud. The food was good, but the prices they are charging for what you get is pretty ridiculous. I think there are better options in Seaport.

Date of visit: June 2022
Reviewed 20 March 2022

I came across Strega Italiano by accident. Before my trip to Boston, I hit up YouTube to find a new, happening spot. I found a video with Sal Valentinetti, The singer from Long Island. He's in Boston making a video with the owner from Strega. The owner Nick Varano seems legit, I check how far I have to walk from my hotel to the North End and I see Strega Italiano Seaport is just a few blocks away! I made a reservation for my first night in Boston.

Walking in, this is not a typical North End restaurant. The restaurant is on the waterfront and tastefully decorated. The front desk asked if I wanted to sit by the bar, which looked very nice but I'm going to need some room so I asked for a two top.

I knew to bring a raincoat, it was starting to rain when I was walking to the restaurant. Now, my entire menu plan pivoted. I need something warm to start, I would have asked for a bowl of pastina but I'm not at nonna's house. I started with a nice hot bowl of Italian Wedding Soup. As a kid, this was my favorite soup. I would grate so much cheese, you couldn't see the soup! The Strega Italian Wedding Soup is nothing like I ever had, it was clearly prepared by a chef. The vegetables are cut by a chef, the rich broth is cheff'd up, just a perfect starter for this cold Italian guy.

My cocktail is totally on point. I started with a cocktail, the Barrel Aged Negroni. Made with French Citadelle gin and campari cinzano, Cin Cin!

Now, the gloves are off. I want to taste the best Strega has to offer. I ordered my favorite pasta, Rigatoni Bolognese. Made with a low braised beef and pork ragù, It was served to me in a hot dish. I also liked the dab of ricotta on top, this was a proper Italian serving. No one is eating a mound of pasta, this was the perfect amount. I loved the rustic taste of the ragù, just a great entree.

My waiter? Totally cool guy. He said he grew up in the area. I threw him a curve ball and asked him about the two Tuscan wines offerings. Not only did he give me the correct response, he explained one wine was barrel aged and the other was made in stainless steel so the wine complexities are going to be different. As a matter of fact, all of the wait staff was all over me. How are you sir? Anything I can get for you?

Everything is Perfecto.

The waiter asked me, would I like dessert? It's raining outside and I'm sure they have a great dessert selection. I'm in Boston for a short time, I gotta get a cannoli and coffee at the north end.

I put on my hood, pay the bill and walk to the North End. Sal Valentinetti would approve.

Date of visit: March 2022