“Great menu & execution”

Good for: View details, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Transit: Silver Line Way (Silver Line)
Description: Legal Harborside is Legal Sea Foods’ 20,000 square foot flagship property on the Boston Waterfront, comprising three floors under one (retractable) roof. You’ll find a nod to our heritage on the first floor hull, with a casual menu of seafood favorites with a twist, an oyster bar and a market. Those that visit the third floor promenade deck will enjoy a four-season rooftop lounge with a retractable glass roof and walls for cocktails and bites. All aboard! Located in the Seaport District, Legal Harborside is within easy walking distance to the Institute of Contemporary Art, the World Trade Center, the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, the Rockland Trust Bank Pavilion and hotels including the Renaissance Boston, Westin Waterfront and Seaport.
Reviewed 19 September 2022

Had a terrific pre flight Sunday dinner at Legal

Everything was great- lobster roll was the best of the 3 we had in our week in Boston

Fried clams were fantastic

The stuffies were really tasty

The Szechuan green beans were really good

The cioppino was as good as any I’ve had in San Francisco

All in all, the highlight of our culinary visit to Boston

Reviewed 31 August 2022 via mobile

For decades this was my seafood restaurant to go to. On my 70th birthday I made a point of returning to Boston and eating here. What a disappointment. The food was really subpar and not worth the trip. Here Legal has the pick from all of the boats that come in off of George's Bank and I had the worst scallops I've had in years. You can come here for the atmosphere and the location but I don't recommend you come here for the seafood.

1  Thank MikeShaf
Reviewed 27 August 2022 via mobile

Looking right over the water watching the boats arrive at sunset and having delicious seafood dinner. Crab meat over sole generous portions crisp fresh cooked green beans. Try to get a seat out side of the weather’s nice

1  Thank msvikki
Reviewed 14 August 2022 via mobile

Great lobster stuffed with scallops and shrimp. I tried the lobster bisque and that wasn’t my favorite, it was mostly cream. The lobster roll was great. Had a friendly waitress and great service.

Reviewed 10 August 2022 via mobile

We visited Legal seafood our 1st night in Boston. It was a short walk from our hotel. We loved it so much that we went back another night during our short trip!
The hot buttered lobster roll was fantastic !! Loads of lobster meat on the bun. Clam chowder was also delicious.
My husband got a dozen assorted oysters . And the crab cake combo dinner. Everything we had was great!
Service was great even though it was a very busy place. I will definitely return when I’m that area again