“Don’t let the dumpy staircase and entrance deter you”
Review of My Thai Vegan Cafe

My Thai Vegan Cafe
Ranked #546 of 3,591 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Thai
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Once you get inside, the place is pleasant enough, with nice wooden chairs. (I didn’t try the restroom, though.) The food was very tasty - we came back a second time - and very fresh. Fresh broccoli, etc. I like to eat a lot of vegetables and I was able to find plenty to eat. There is a big choice, and the prices are reasonable. We also ordered some as take-out to have something to eat on the plane, and they packaged it well (though I drained the sauce so the security woudln’t give me a hard time with liquids). The service was fine, and they answered any questions about the different dishes. I noticed some reviews criticizing the servers. I suspect it is just cultural difference and perhaps lack of comfort in what is clearly not their native tongue. I was not bothered by it at all. And, there is great tea served, too.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We have been here often, because of the many vegan choices. The staff is not friendly, the entrance is very dumpy, the bathrooms not clean. Most of the choices on t he menu are great, some not. But we keep coming back, by now we know what to eat.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 26 February 2018

Went for evening meal. The people that work here are beyond grim. Describing them as dour would be a huge understatement. Not a confidence building walk up the stairs to the restaurant which itself was not appealing. My meal was just ok. Had the Avocado medley dish. Lacked punch. Had expected much better, Would not go back.

Date of visit: February 2018
4  Thank VoyagerFromTheNorth
Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

I wouldn't go again, food it's just ok. Not real Thai spicy. I asked for chillies for my pad Thai and didn't have in the restaurant.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank Ale_18M
Reviewed 10 October 2017

When I first saw the sign of the restaurant, I was very hesitant to going inside and up the stairs because the building seemed dirty and shady. But I'm glad I ended up going to check the place out because it had amazing food! They even had fake meat. It was such a relief to be able to chose a meal from the entire menu. However the staff was rude even though we were saying thank you all the time, they wouldn't even smile at us.

Date of visit: October 2017