1,953 results
All reviews bliss spa bliss products wow suite w insider cool corner room the theater district stuart street lobby bar hip hotel cupcakes floor to ceiling windows street noise upgraded room higher floor great room upon check early check
Reviewed 16 August 2016

I was very happy with the customer service I received after booking a stay at the W hotel in Boston. Someone reached out to find out when I would arrive and even offered to arrange for transportation to the hotel. When I checked in, I found out that I was being upgraded to a suite since I have Starwood Gold status. Unfortunately, it turned out that the suite was directly above the lounge area where a DJ plays until around 2 am. There is a sound machine in the room, but it was not enough to cancel out the bass from the DJ's speakers. I think it is great that the W has a fun atmosphere, but they need to do something about sound proofing. Also, it probably doesn't make sense to "upgrade" someone to a room where they won't be able to sleep. Finally, when I checked out, I told the person that I took a bag of chips from the mini bar (which was $6). I was charged around $50, and when I called to have them refund my card, I was initially offered an itemization of what was in the mini bar. I thought that offer was ridiculous and insisted on a refund (which they gave). Over all I would say things started out great with the W Boston, but just went down hill from there.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
GurkiSinghGM, General Manager at W Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2016

Dear JAC212,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. W Boston is located in the heart of the city, in the middle of a thriving nightlife scene. While many of our weekend guests enjoy the close proximity to everything Boston's nightlife has to offer, those looking for a more quiet experience are better situated on the other side of the building on a higher floor. I would welcome the opportunity to connect directly regarding your experience and make amends for the confusion regarding the mini bar. My email address is Gurkirat.singh@whotels.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 16 August 2016

I stayed this past weekend at the W Boston and it was by far the best hotel experience I've ever had. From the Valet service being so polite to the doorman ready to greet you with a warm welcome all the way up to the Welcome Desk where Mary-Carmen shined and made our hole stay worth while. She tried her best to work with what she had by giving us a late check out as well as upgrading our room! We worried about our luggage so she made sure it was safe let us know she would call us when our room was ready so we could explore the city.

Mary Carmen followed through with everything she said she would do from beginning to end. She made sure to give us a call as soon as our room was ready and sent our bags up to our beautiful room. The room was so immaculate, stylish and comfortable. The floor to ceiling windows were such a great touch ! We went back down to check out the rest of the city and Mary Carmen made sure to let us know there would be a DJ if we wanted to attend down stairs in the bar, this was great to know considering we were lost for plans. After shopping for another few hours, we returned to four men at the door ( extra security for the night life ) and they all had big smiles on their faces super friendly, gave us another warm " welcome back " EVEN remembering my name! Going up to the room I thought it would be noisy because of the DJ but you couldn't hear anything at all it was super quite !

Overall this is the way your suppose to experience a Starwood Brand. From the moment you leave your car to the moment you step out of that door and the Valet service shuts your door for you and you for sure want to stay another night so badly. Its the little things that count, from the valet, and door mans beautiful warm smiles to the big impact Mary Carmen made by personalizing our stay completely, going out of her way to make me and my significant other feel super welcomed more than what we could have ever imagined. To the actual room being better than we even expected, from cleanliness down to the style. I cannot wait to come back to the W Boston it will from now on always be my favorite hotel!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Hi Haley D,
Your review made my day! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!
I’m also thrilled to hear our Welcome Ambassadors, as well as Mary-Carmen, ensured your experience was fantastic. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Boston. See you soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

Stayed at The W with my boyfriend to celebrate my birthday. I was welcomed with heart shaped rose petals on the bed, along with champagne & chocolate covered strawberries. The hotel itself is beautiful, but the special attention to detail made it even more so. You can't go wrong with The W. The rooms are amazing, guest services is great, & the dining options are superb. You don't even need to leave the hotel, but if you do, it's centrally located.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
GurkiSinghGM, General Manager at W Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2016

Hi There,

I'm so glad to hear you had a great birthday spent with us! Thank you for choosing to celebrate your special day at The W Boston, and all of your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

It's a good hotel. Service was average but friendly. They turn the bar into a nightclub with loud music on Friday and Saturday nights. Amy the day bartender was very nice to our family. We would probably try to find another hotel when returning to Boston but if W had a good price we could stay here again. Location is pretty good too.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Hi Tim,

Thanks for staying with us at W Boston, and taking the time to write a review! We are thrilled to hear that Amy was so accommodating for you and your family. We hope to see you back return to the W Boston soon!

Reviewed 15 August 2016

Thank you, we had a great stay at the W Boston!

I want to make special mention to the bar staff in the lobby. Amy and Nadia were outstanding hosts to what I thought was going to be otherwise boring Sunday afternoon/evening.
We started our time in the bar with Amy, who made me an awesome cold drink, that was just what I needed after a long hot walk around Boston. Then her suggestion and knowledge of the menu helped us on deciding delicious snacks from the menu, they were prefect! Nadia took over for the evening with her keen sense of customer service anticipated what we in the group needed every time. She was friendly, social and animated in her interactions with our expanding group. I also want to thank Rita, our room attendant, who made us feel a little like we were at home because of her attention to details in our room. She made sure we had all we needed and scheduled around our times in order to turn our room back to perfect.
Although we were disappointed that there wasn't a pool of outdoor deck like other properties we have had the pleasure to stay at, the staff in the bar/ lounge made it a destination we will definitely return to next year on our annual trip to New England.

Stayed: August 2016

Hi Stephen,

Thanks so much for staying with us at The W Boston! We are so glad that both Amy and Nadia made your experience in the lounge so exciting and enjoyable, and that Rita was able to make you feel right at home in your room. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!