Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Odis P

Great hotel, dirty room

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 29 Oct 2023
The hotel itself was great, and the staff was friendly and helpful, but our room had hair in the bathtub, toothpaste spots on the mirror.

Would’ve been 5 stars but the half cleaned room killed it.
Trip type: Travelled with family
Responded 2 Nov 2023
683odisp, it's pleasing to hear you appreciated our accommodating team members and enjoyed the hotel's atmosphere. However, it is regrettable to learn about the cleanliness issues you experienced in your room. We always strive for impeccable standards, and we're sorry for any shortcomings you encountered during your stay. Rest assured your feedback will be forwarded to our housekeeping department for improvement.
HK$1,928
    HK$1,470
3.8 km from The Bostonian Boston
View more hotels in Boston
2,548 results
All reviews faneuil hall quincy market the north end freedom trail great location small balcony union oyster house directly across the street mini bar within walking distance government center valet parking street noise td garden per night few blocks king bed
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 October 2023

Worst place I ever stayed in Boston. Compared to other hotels in the vicinity, this place really feels dated. Our greeting at the check-in-desk was a simple 'Last Name', no 'hello' or 'Welcome to the Bostonian'. The room was hot and stuffy and opening the windows was not an option as they were located next to the hotels extremely noisy heating/cooling compressors. The noise kept us awake and the stuffiness did not help our sleep. The room was located next to their work-out room and you could hear and feel the weights clunking to the floor in the morning. Be aware that on top of the high room costs (we paid $495) was an additional 19% of charges some legit others I'm not so sure of. We stayed 2 more nights at the Boston Harbor Hotel which was truly amazing in comfort and amenities, while also less expensive.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
GeneralManagerHotel, General Manager at The Bostonian Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2023

It's regrettable to read that your stay was not up to your expectations. With respect to the overall feel of the interior, we regularly engage in fine-tuning to ensure that our guests get the best possible experience. It's disconcerting to learn that our greetings did not meet your standard. We aim to communicate our value of hospitality in every interaction, and your feedback helps us better this.

Your experience with room ventilation is not indicative of what we strive for. Ensuring guest comfort is one of our priorities. An optimal balance of quiet and relaxation is what we commit to our residents, so your comments about noise disturbances are being taken into consideration.

As for the charges, we make sure transparency in billing is upheld, and we're available to explain any and all costs. Your compliments of other local hotels show you value high-quality experiences, which we too aim to provide each guest. Feedback like yours is helpful and we thank you for sharing. Please consider returning for a more-positive visit in the future.

Reviewed 24 October 2023

Super clean and fancy hotel. Better than expected. Great location to some of the historical sites and was next to both a Starbucks and a dunkin donuts to make an easy morning. The nightlife was not far away but still quiet enough to have a restful sleep.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerHotel, General Manager at The Bostonian Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2023

Krystalh300, we're thrilled to hear your stay with The Bostonian Boston surpassed expectations. It's great that you loved our pristine environment, strategic location, and the peacefulness that allowed for a restful sleep. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon for another fantastic experience.

Reviewed 19 October 2023

My partner and I are currently staying at this hotel. This is our first trip to Boston together (and his first time here), which I explained to the hotel's front desk when I made the reservation weeks ago. I also explained that I planned to propose during this trip and if a room with a fireplace was available for upgrade, it would be greatly appreciated.

We arrived yesterday at 1pm. The hotel's stated check-in time is 3pm. They explained that a room with a fireplace was indeed available for an additional charge, and that it was ready. I accepted the charge, but then was told that because we are checking in early I needed to pay an additional $50 "early check-in fee." I have never been to a hotel where they charge you for being 2 hours early when they room is already ready. I found it petty, to be honest, especially considering the background (our first time here, a planned proposal, etc.). I was extremely friendly and kind to the lady at the front desk, and accepted the early check-in fee after debating it briefly with my partner.

When we got to the room we were slightly disappointed. The balcony has what one local referred to as "the dumpster view" (there is construction across the street - the balcony doesn't face the market / square as I had hoped, and is on a lower lever (3rd floor). However, it does have big windows along the other wall that face the market / square, which is nice.

That evening upon returning to the hotel around 8:45pm I asked the gentleman at the front desk for a log to be brought to the hotel room for the fireplace (hoping to have a romantic atmosphere). He said no problem. Well, an hour later and 2 additional trips in person to the front desk to ask, I was still waiting... There were 2 different staff members working the front desk when I went down those 2 additional times to ask for a status... the man seemed to be patronizing me, and the woman chuckled when I said I was planning to propose, and that I didn't understand the point of paying for a room with a fireplace if I can't get a log to use in it (the hotel requires that a staff member bring a Duraflame-type log to the room and light it for you, which I understand). I then told them to cancel it, by this point I was agitated and disappointed. Finally, more than an hour after I requested it, and after I canceled the request - a staff member arrived at our door with a log. I let him in to light it, but it was too little too late. The mood was completely ruined and the moment had passed. Maybe tonight...

At this point, I do not plan to return to this hotel. I will update this post if my opinion changes though.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff P
GeneralManagerHotel, General Manager at The Bostonian Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2023

We're disheartened to learn about your recent experience. We understand that special requests can play a significant role in your stay, like the fireplace upgrade, and we regret any misunderstanding around the early check-in policy. Providing efficient service remains a top priority and we regret if your request for a fireplace log met with delays.

We appreciate your candid feedback regarding the room's view and we hope this did not completely cast a shadow over your first time visiting Boston. It appears we've missed the mark on delivering the experience you were hoping for and it's certainly not reflective of our usual high standards.

Please let us reassure you that our team genuinely values every guest's enjoyment and satisfaction. We hope you might reconsider returning in the future, for an opportunity to show you a thoroughly enjoyable experience at our hotel. We wish you all the best.

Reviewed 18 October 2023 via mobile

I booked this place quite late for a conference and it was the “best option” downtown too attended / have easy access.
Accepted the (extortionate) $720USD rate as one of those things - this is not my complaint, as that is on me

When I arrived :
The hotel rooms are very tired
Only one elevator worked
They nickel and dime EVERYTHING (wanting to charge me $20 per night to have a refrigerator for my medication)
To add insult to injury - they charge an extra $30 as a “destination fee” what on earth is that
It’s slipped in to the bill without warning

I tried to contest when I checked out, but it was 3am and the security guard had zero control over it

Absolutely shocking to see a hotel that has such poor facilities take such a liberty with customers !

Oh. Gym was crap too. Was in a very small space / was poorly equipped.
Finally, took me three attempts to try and have front desk book a cab for airport

Stay well clear of this place

Room tip: Tips for travellers Use only if desperate
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2023

Nice centralized location in the heart of everything. North End was just around the corner. Restaurants, shopping, entertainment, sightseeing was all right there in walking distance. Public transportation (bus, subways) are just short walks. The hotel room was spacious and well kept. The bed was comfortable. I do wish we had a fridge for our use not the pay for drinks one that many hotels put in. Free waters were a nice touch.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
GeneralManagerHotel, General Manager at The Bostonian Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2023

It's fantastic to hear that you appreciated The Bostonian Boston's prime location and spacious rooms. Our team is delighted that you found the complimentary waters and comfortable bed to your liking. We've noted your desire for a guest-use fridge and appreciate your feedback, as we're always looking for ways to enhance our guest experience. We hope to welcome you back soon to our centrally-located haven.