Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Travel_LadyNYC
New York City, New York

Elegance in any size room

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 22 Aug 2021
I love a Fairmont hotel; this is my second stay at the Fairmont Copley Plaza.

My pocketbook places me in the smallest of the Fairmont rooms – actually called a Fairmont Room. There was a comfortable desk and desk chair, outlets for recharging conveniently on the desktop; a small fridge; small closet. No extra chair in the room, no bathrobes; two umbrellas and a shoehorn, though! Small drawers in the closet and in the night tables. A small, but still beautiful bathroom, with a magnifying mirror. I love the night-light; if every hotel had a dim light like this, millions of travelers would sleep better and take safer mid-night trips to the bathroom. Comfortable bed and nice bedding. Excellent HVAC system that was easy to control, as well as a window that opened pretty wide; nice street view.

Always a genteel, relaxed, calm feel with attentive service at the Fairmont!

We did self-park for $40 a night, two long blocks away. We had a nice dinner in the restaurant, burger and lobster roll with excellent glasses of wine, great service; a little noisy. A short walk away: the Atlantic Fish Company, excellent. Breakfast seemed sort of pricey until you saw the large portions, great quality and super cordial service.

The evenings in the surrounding area are lively with a nearby plaza, plenty of people strolling about that gives a neighborhood feel, though it is a commercial area.
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 27 Aug 2021
Dear Travel_LadyNYC,

Thank you for your wonderful and detailed feedback. We are honored we could have you as our guest! It sounds like your visit to Boston was everything you dreamt of and more, which absolutely thrills us. It was our pleasure to serve you and we hope that you'll come back for another marvelous visit soon! Thank you again.

HK$2,033
6.5 km from Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston
Free parking
View more hotels in Boston
4,693 results
All reviews gold floor oak bar black lab hotel dog beautiful hotel trinity church beautiful lobby newbury street the location is perfect valet parking freedom trail fenway park copley concierge dame doorman bay
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 August 2021

I have stayed at many Fairmont properties, so much so that I have earned their highest guest status: Diamond.

For a recent trip to Boston I chose The Fairmont Copley Plaza. The minute we entered our suite we knew something was not right: the top bath towel was crumpled up on top of the other, perfectly folded towels as if someone had used it and put it back. One of the hand towels was all wrinkled, as if someone had used it to dry their hands.
The carpet in the sitting room was covered in SESAME SEEDS. And the really disgusting thing: there was A USED KLEENEX on the floor in the bedroom. It looked like someone had shoved each end into each nostril and then just threw it on the floor. I phoned down and got the usual "We're so sorry. If the hotel wasn't fully committed, we'd switch you to another room. Unfortunately, we cannot." I was stupefied. How could housekeeping have missed all of this? Or was someone allowed to hang out in our room before we arrived?

Before we arrived, I contacted the hotel and requested 2 robes and extra pillows in our room. Neither request was granted. I also let them know that a box of flowers were being delivered and that it would need to be put in cold storage (since we were arriving very late) . Again, they failed: the box was sitting on a desk in the room ALL DAY! When I opened the box, the flowers were wilted and brown. So when I phoned down again, exasperated, the woman at the front desk asked if I wanted to be switched to a different room which I found odd because the the first woman I spoke to told me that the hotel was "fully committed", so I guess she lied to me? Since we had already unpacked and gotten ready for bed, we declined. The whole thing was a terrible experience and the way the Front Desk just wrote it off without any explanation was incredibly poor.

The room itself (676) was not in great shape: the TV in the sitting room didn't work and it took 2 maintenance trips over 4 hours to get it fixed. There were eye-level dirt/scuff marks on the moulding and what looked like a fist print in the wall (as if someone had punched the wall). The bathroom window couldn't open and the bathroom mirror was rotting from mold and moisture, so the reflective adhesive was pulling away from the edges. Definitely a sup-par room and not one that should be given to a Diamond-level customer. Also, the view was terrible. They call it a courtyard view, but it really just looks like an alley and you can see into other guests' rooms ( I watched a woman chain smoke, so I feel bad for whomever get HER room). Again, not the kind of view you give a Fairmont loyalist!

To anyone who's considering it, I would recommend AGAINST booking this hotel. There are so many better properties in Boston at the same price point. In fact, I am anxiously awaiting the opening of The Omni Seaport. Now THAT's a hotel chain that treats its loyal guests with respect!

Room tip: Do NOT let them talk you into accepting a "Courtyard View" room. You will be very disappointed.
5  Thank KyleRayner
Vanessa Kuo, Marketing at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2021

Dear KyleRayner,

I am so sorry to hear of the negative experience you had during your stay at the hotel. This certainly falls far below the expectations we have for our hotel service and experience for guests. I will send you a direct message for us to connect. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Reviewed 17 August 2021

From the moment you step foot at the Fairmont Copley Plaza, you already know that you're family. Michael at the front entrance greets you with the most hospitable smile and Tareek at the front desk makes a check in process effortless. The hotel is pristine, manicured even in the most obscured corners and the rooms are beyond comfortable! Even the housekeeping staff thanks you for staying at the Fairmont. There are so many hotels in the area, but based on my one experience at the Fairmont Copley, I have no reason to stay anywhere else everytime I visit Boston. the Accor Live limitless (ALL) family holds their hotel chain to high standards and it is consistent throughout their properties all around the world! Mr. Terpilowski, your management should be proud of the team you've trained to extend this genuine hospitality to the hotel guests at the Fairmont! Keep on holding yourselves to this authentic genuine hospitality and I have no doubt that you'll continue to thrive in an ever competitive market you see today! Oh did I mention, the food at Oak Long bar is delicious and the service too! (PS. the hotel also has done renovations throughout the property to keep the important components current (ie bathroom, furniture) while still maintaining the quaint door knobs, wooden staircase furnishings to continue to uphold the historic element of the hotel.

Room tip: I love how the hotel's Instagram account is always active & shares posts from real guests. Good way to gauge the vibe of the hotel
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Laura-Ann Shaa ... C

Dear Laura-Ann,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback following your most recent visit to our hotel. We are delighted you were well taken care of by our great team of service professionals and are glad to know you had an enjoyable experience with us. Your kind words are truly appreciated and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Fairmont Copley Plaza in the near future. Thank you again!

Reviewed 10 August 2021

My wife and I enjoyed our stay. Great location and a truly beautiful hotel. Bathroom shower could have been upgraded a little. Hotel bar is great and apparently a well known Boston spot!

Front desk staff could have been more attentive to guests waiting in line.

Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank 628grahamew
Vanessa Kuo, Marketing at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2021

Dear 628grahamew,

Thank you for being our recent guest at Fairmont Copley Plaza. We are thrilled you and your wife had such a wonderful time with us and that you were able to take advantage of our prime Bay Back location. Your feedback is appreciated and will be used to improve the level of our product and services. It was our pleasure to host you and we hope to welcome you back again in the future!

Reviewed 10 August 2021 via mobile

Terrible.

Expensive hotel with poor service and worse rooms.
The list of issues includes:
- Off duty valet = walking 4 blocks in pouring rain
- Strong cigarette odor
- Nonfunctional TV
- Thin walls and noisy neighbors

We definitely did not feel this hotel was worth the money.
Next time, we’re either getting a cheaper hotel or paying for someplace ACTUALLY worth the money.

Room tip: Avoid this hotel if checking in late Avoid this hotel if you dislike cigarette smell
Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank 232spencerv
Vanessa Kuo, Marketing at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2021

Dear 232spencerv,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, both positive and constructive, as it is an excellent tool to continually improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests. Please accept our sincerest apology for the challenges you encountered during your stay. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back so we can make things right.

Reviewed 8 August 2021 via mobile

The Fairmont made our trip to Boston a wonderful trip! Staff was very attentive and helpful. Room was clean and comfy. Restaurant was delicious and gave great food recommendations. The location is perfect for seeing all of the historic sites. After a full day of site seeing, we were so appreciative to come back to a place that made sure everything was perfect! The Best!

Room tip: We didn’t bother with a car. Public transit is close and easy to navigate. Staff very helpful in suggesting how to get to all of the sites
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank AmyP7576
Vanessa Kuo, Marketing at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2021

Dear AmyP7576,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback on your recent stay with us. It makes us so happy to hear that your experience was 5-stars as our staff takes a lot of pride in the service we provide on a daily basis! It was our immense pleasure to host you and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon! Thank you again!