Lowest prices for your stay
US$275
Trip.comUS$316
Hotels.comUS$268
Preferred HotelsUS$275
2,040 results
All reviews newbury street harvard club french doors upgraded to a suite fenway park mass ave one bedroom suite charming hotel sitting room living area mini bar turn down service the location is perfect favorite hotel charles river valet parking love this hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 September 2022

Wonderful staff, very accommodating, extraordinarily polite. Traditional hotel that knows how to make you feel special. Great location near Berklee, Northeastern and Fenway. We had the two double bed room. Very spacious and well appointed.

Date of stay: September 2022
Joseph P, Guest Services / Front Office at The Eliot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2022

I wish to thank this guest for taking the time to review their stay and for the high rating! As a hotel dedicated to personalized service, our genuinely caring and friendly staff works hard to ensure our guests are well cared for. I'm delighted this was evident for this guest and that they had such an exceptional stay!

Reviewed 27 September 2022 via mobile

It’s a lovely hotel in a great location. It’s a very traditional hotel in the Back Bay and it was a pleasant change from the large modern hotels. The staff are so pleasant and helpful. I can honestly say they are the most welcoming hotel staff I’ve met

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Joseph P, Guest Services / Front Office at The Eliot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2022

I wish to thank this guest for taking the time to review their stay and for the wonderful rating! I'm delighted our independent boutique hotel, almost ready to celebrate its centennial in 2025, provided the type of distinctive features and classic service that differentiates us from newer and chain hotels. Our genuinely caring and friendly staff is dedicated to ensuring our guests are well cared for, so it is gratifying this was evident for this guest and to know this guest had such an exceptional stay. I look forward to welcoming them again the next time they may have an opportunity to visit Boston.

Reviewed 26 September 2022 via mobile

Firstly, if you are travelling with luggage (suitcases) and flying into Logan airport, then don’t take the T train to the hotel. Best to get taxi or Uber. After an horrendous journey on the T from the airport, it was lovely walking into a clean, cool reception. Everyone was so friendly and accommodating. I had requested a high floor quiet room and that was exactly what we got. The room was spacious enough and we had two very comfortable queen sized beds.
The hotel is situated a bit away from the main attractions but it was easy enough to navigate the T. However, it is in walking distance to Fenway Park so perfect if going to a match.
For me, the hotel was let down a bit by housekeeping. Our bathroom, especially the toilet, wasn’t cleaned for the 4 days we were there. Fresh towels were left and the bin emptied, but that was about it. Also, despite reading other reviews etc. I’d missed that the hotel was ‘pet friendly’ and we regularly met dogs of all sizes in the lobby. I did ask if dogs are all on the same floor, but it seems they can be accommodated in any room. I was also told that if you have an allergy then you can contact the hotel and they will make sure that you will be allocated a room where there hasn’t been a dog for a few days before your visit.
We enjoyed our stay but would probably choose a different hotel for our next visit to Boston.

Room tip: If you suffer with pet allergies, contact the hotel before your visit
Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

I wish to thank this guest for taking the time to review their stay and for the kind praise for our location and staff. I apologize, however, for the guest's experience with Housekeeping services. It is quite perplexing because the hotel has won awards for our excellence in Housekeeping services. There are very specific protocols which include bathrooms being fully cleaned each day. We are investigating why the protocols appear to have not been realized. It is true that the hotel is pet friendly. It is not uncommon for the hotel to have 2 or 3 dogs each week, (out of 95 rooms.) The vast majority of guests find our pet-friendly policy to be a positive feature of the hotel. We do, however, recognize that some guests may have allergies or not appreciate pets in the hotel. We do maintain records of rooms that have and have not had pets and some rooms are not reserved for guests with pets so we can maintain our hypoallergenic options that are necessary for some guests. I regret that the Eliot was not the perfect match for this guest but hope we might have the pleasure to try again in the future.

Reviewed 22 September 2022

We stayed in a one bedroom suite which was really well appointed and had everything you would expect in a quality hotel. The welcome and service was very friendly and much more personable than your average city hotel. We really enjoyed our stay there and would highly recommend it.

The Eliot is in a great area in Back Bay. The subway is only one block away to get into downtown, but I'd recommend at least once walking in along Commonwealth Avenue with it's lovely 'Brownstone' apartment blocks - it's about a mile or so to the Boston Public Gardens and then on through there to Boston Common. The location is also good for restaurants and shops - you're spoilt for choice on Newbury Street which runs parallel to Commonwealth Avenue.

Date of stay: September 2022
Joseph P, Guest Services / Front Office at The Eliot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2022

I wish to thank this guest for taking the time to review his stay and for the stellar rating, and appreciate the praise for the Eliot's "great service and perfect location." The Eliot is, indeed, ideally located. Situated on park-like Commonwealth Avenue in Boston's elegant Back Bay, the hotel is also super-convenient to so many of Boston's remarkable resources which lie just steps outside our front door. I'm delighted this guest was able to explore our beautiful and historic Victorian neighborhood that contributed to his positive stay. It will be my pleasure to welcome him back once again.

Reviewed 21 September 2022

Eliot is very well located with charming, well-appointed rooms. But it is the courtesy and exceptional service of the staff that really distinguishes it. Breakfast is very good and a good value at about $18.

Date of stay: September 2022

I wish to thank this guest for taking the time to review her stay and for the wonderful rating. As a hotel dedicated to providing personalized service, our genuinely caring and friendly staff take pride in ensuring our guests are well cared for. I'm delighted this was evident to this guest and helped create such an exceptional stay. It will certainly be ,my pleasure to welcome her back once agin.