Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.comUS$204
Hotels.comUS$179
ExpediaUS$178
Marriott HotelsUS$179
ZenHotels.comUS$179
Vio.com
4,015 results
All reviews great location the concierge lounge prudential center large hotel charles river duck tour newbury street high floor corner room attending a conference fenway park valet parking freedom trail copley champion starbucks bay
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 October 2022 via mobile

The hotel is large and perfectly situated for shopping in Boston. I think this makes it popular for conventions. The convention crowd probably cares less about attention and more about where the bar is located. No recognition of Bonvoy membership level and no offer of upgrade for my level. If you just want a room in a great location, this is it!

Date of stay: October 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2022

Came back from lunch to find someone's bag in my room. I called the front desk and informed them. They got the bag and confirmed that I was the only person checked into the room and I went back out exploring Boston.

I came back to freshen up for dinner. While I was getting ready, someone uses their keycard and comes into the room. She was surprised as I was. I was irritated given the information the front desk gave me earlier about being the only person in the room.

No explanation as to why the mistake happened.

Date of stay: October 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Timothy F, Guest Services / Front Office at Boston Marriott Copley Place, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2022

Dear Trail679629,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay. I would like to apologize for the experience you had while staying with us. Please know that we do take these matters very seriously and have addressed this accordingly to ensure that it was an isolated issue.

Thank you. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 October 2022

Stayed 1 night at the Boston Marriott Copley Place. We started at the Sheraton, but the pool was closed so we moved over to the Marriott to use the pool. Unfortunately their pool was also shut temporarily. We were still really glad we switched because the Boston Marriott Copley was a much nicer hotel in terms of being recently renovated, modern, clean. So for anyone debating the 2 hotels, the Boston Marriott is much more modern whereas the Sheraton is pretty old school and could use a refresh. We stayed in a standard king room at the Boston Marriott and it was comfortable. The check-in person was very nice and friendly (young blond woman). The location is fantastic - there is a pedestrian bridge that connects the hotel to Prudential Center mall. It's covered so even in bad weather, you wouldn't need to go outside. It's also connected to Copley Place. We enjoyed lunch at Yard House. The self parking was also super convenient. Would stay here again.

Reviewed 2 October 2022 via mobile

Only stayed one night so it was too quick of a visit. It’s a Marriot so you pretty much know what you are getting. Let me say the only positive thing - the location is excellent. In the Back Bay, you can walk and see so much.

The bad side is the price per night is too much for what you get. But hey, I understand, it’s the heart of Boston. Paid $400 for my one night and got zero personal service. Seems like a small thing but at least provide those tiny water bottles in the room as a complimentary service for the price we paid. Instead, they have two water bottles for $4.00 each. Only provide two bath towels (there were two adults, one child). One towel had a black grease stain. There were two long hairs in the shower. I understand this could have been a simple oversight and not that the room wasn’t cleaned, but it was still a bit sloppy. When I completed the hotel survey afterwards, I noted these things. They responded that they have those tiny complimentary water bottles behind the front desk. Who would know that?! No one offered them.

I fully expect to pay around this amount the next time I go to Boston but I think there are probably other hotels nearby that give you a bit more for your money.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear pinkpeony23,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I was very disappointed to hear of your experience. Please know that i have shared your feedback with the appropriate teams to ensure these errors are corrected going forward. I apologize for the negative impact this had on your stay.

Thank you again for staying with us. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again.

Reviewed 27 September 2022 via mobile

This hotel has two main things going for it, the location and the views if you are on a high enough floor. Sadly the cons outweigh the pros for us. The hotel is undergoing renovation and our room on the 31st floor was subjected to noise so great that you could not hear yourself think. IMHO it is unconscionable that Marriott is putting people in rooms that will be subjected to that level of noise.

Other drawbacks - the hotel was very cold both in actual temperature in our room and in decor in the public areas. The thermostat in the room seemed to measure the temperature incorrectly; we could set the temperature well up in the 70’s and still would feel cold. (We are from New York so our experience with temps is comparable to Boston’s.) A related problem is that the thermostat shut off overnight on its own, so even if you managed to get the room warmed up when you went to bed you woke up cold. The decor in the public spaces is very cold, not warm and inviting in the least. The area where breakfast is served is a sports bar and singularly unattractive for any other use. And as is typical for hotels, breakfast was quite expensive. Fortunately there are many other food options in the area which are both nicer and less expensive. Be aware also that parking is up to $65 per night, so you’re better off to not have a car; public transit is close by.

One last comment, the day before we arrived I tried calling the hotel with a question. The phone rang 19 times before I gave up and hung up.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Timothy F, Guest Services / Front Office at Boston Marriott Copley Place, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2022

Dear Swegnson,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I would like to apologize that for the fact that we were unable to exceed your expectations. Please know that we will share your feedback in an effort to make the necessary improvements. In the future please let us know if anything in your room is not working correctly and we would be happy to fix the issue for you. You will be happy to know that our renovation is schedule to be completed by late fall of this year.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.