“Always a very good meal”
Review of Legal Sea Foods - CLOSED

Legal Sea Foods
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Tysons Blvd
Description: The signature dish at Legal Sea Foods - really fresh fish. Virginia is for lovers (of seafood)! Our two-story restaurant is double the fun with entrances on both levels for easy entree. Choose to make a splash in the downstairs dining room or in the bar upstairs. Our landscaped interior patio is also a popular lure. Our convenient restaurant location within Tysons Galleria will get you hooked. Legal Sea Foods has long proven that a consistent, high quality dining experience never goes out of style. With over 40 varieties of fresh fish and shellfish available throughout the year as well as an award-winning wine list, there's no doubt why legions of fans have fallen hook, line and sinker. We've received a boatload of accolades including "Best Place for Great Seafood" (Washingtonian Magazine, 2008), "Best Crab Cakes" (Washingtonian Magazine, 2008) and the honor of serving our legendary New England Clam Chowder at every presidential inauguration since 1981.
Reviewed 26 November 2017

Legal Seafoods will always provide you with a very good meal, no matter what you order. This was our first Legal Seafoods visit at this locaiton. Just like any restaurant, some things are better than others whether it is because of how it is prepared or how your taste buds are feeling that day. Our taste buds particularly enjoyed the Maryland Cream of Crab Soup on this visit (outstanding....one of the best I have ever tasted!). My wife throughly enjoyed her pecan crusted snapper as she savored every bite. My Chef's asortment was better than average but not awesome like I expected it would be. I was uncertain what one of my fish selections was and it was a tad dryer than I would have liked...almost like it was a bit overcooked. All in all, a very good experience, however, and we would not hesitate to return to this restaurant. Our service was quite good as well.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

The Legal Seafood restaurant in McLean maintains their great reputation; good selection of fresh fish & good service. Parking is available in the mall garage. Good selection of wines.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Legal Sea Food is one of my favorites eateries. Haven't tried anything I don't like yet. Trout is excellent. Simple fish and chips are elevated to a gourmet plate. The halibut (not always available) is to die for. But my all times favorites are the jumbo crab cakes. Simply, the best in town. Enjoy!

Reviewed 6 November 2017

Just had dinner with a group of 12 friends at Legal Sea Foods in Tysons Galleria. The menu was out of this world with choices -- I think we all chose something different. No one was disappointed in their selection and no one went away hungry. Service was more than excellent! What a great place to have dinner.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

If you are from Boston, or anywhere on the east coast for that matter, you probably know Legal Seafoods for excellent fresh seafood. I always enjoy eating here. This location is situated in a mall for upper income shoppers. It is close to some of the best shopping in the DC metro area. My office is close by, so this is a great place for me to dine or have some drinks after work.

During my last visit, I had lunch consisting of a large bowl of chowder and a salad. My total bill was less than $20 after tip and taxes. You can order almost everything imaginable for lunch or dinner that comes from a traditional American seafood fare. All the staff are great as is the food. As I recall, my table had a linen tablecoth. My server was very personable and made my visit most enjoyable.