See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 June 2017

I couldn't use the jacuzzi of Ocean Villa at all because of ants. I asked for ant eradication. But, they just sprayed without any cleaning.
The man who came up with the spray even suggested that the ant would not bite so we could use it without killing them all. But we couldn't do it because my wife hates bugs so badly. And also, the ants kept poping up so that we can't use the jacuzzi finally.
Nobody has reponded actively for my complain. Mariana resort need better service mindset.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Camper805835
Ms_Gloria, General Manager at Mariana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Dear Customer, I apologize for the lack of professionalism shown to you and your wife during your stay at our Ocean Villa. Although eradication of all insects is a impossible task, there are certainly ways to limit exposure to our customers. I have had a meeting with the Managers in charge of Housekeeping and Hotel Front desk to ensure that our guest like yourself are responded to more effectively. Please accept my most humble apologies and ensure you that this is not the type of service that we promote.

Respectfully,
Ms. Gloria

Reviewed 3 April 2017

Very nice hotel resort, with big well decorated rooms and good service. I stayed here for 4 nights. It was very comfortable, wifi worked well, and rooms were clean. The restaurant was good for dinner, breakfast was average. The staff was very nice and accommodating. North of the main town and quiet. Off the beaten path.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Alexandra F
Reviewed 30 January 2017

We are regular guests in this Hotel & Spa. But I guess last weekend was our last visit. And it is not because of outdated facilities. Or poor choice of food in the restaurant. Or "we are not smiling at all" service. But because of I really worry how often they clean this Spa. for 7 months on Island we didn't miss even 1 weekend in Mandi Spa. and for 7 months staff didn't clean up an area. There are wine bottle and beer can on the right corner of Ocean View Swimming Pool. And they cut the bushes but never pick up the trash. Pools are also dirty and smells like urine. Guys! you still operating! Still charge your guest. Sad.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Leilani B
Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

Mariana resort is located in the northern part of saipan. It is around 15 mins by car away from the busiest Garapan. They have villa and ordinary garden or ocean view room. I stayed in villa. The villa shows its aged and rennovation is definitely required. Resort has 24 hrs conveyance service from hotel lobby to villa. The swimming pool is small. If we need to use spa facilities, USD20 for one day use. In their connected beach, there are only several beach bench. BUT, it is not free, USD15 per day/ bench. Price is expensive as compared to the service provided and quality of room. There should be better choice elsewhwere. I will not come again unless they have new rennovation.

No free wifi.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lisa A
Reviewed 30 January 2016

Our 9th stay in 9 years at the Mariana Resort and Spa was a month long, arriving in early Novermber and leaving in early December. This year we hosted a group at the resort's Thanksgiving Day dinner. Our table was poolside on a glorious day, something we could never do back home in the Midwestern U.S. As in our 8 out of 8 and and 7 out of 7 reviews, our room, the food, the facililties were outstanding. We would get ready for the delicious luncehon buffet with a morning swim in the pool, conveniently located near the dining facillities. Once again Chef Willliam and his staff provided an ever-changing selection of food with each meal topped off by a trip to the dessert table with its chocolate fountain. Over the years - as noted in our reviews - there has been an increase in facilities and activities available for guests. The newest addition (which opened during our stay) is Club 88 with 50 electronic gaming machines. It is located off at one side of the lobby in its own, enclosed space.
One reason that we return year after year is our confidence in the manager, Gloria Cavanagh, to maintain and even improve the qualities that make an outstanding resort. And this includes the friendliness of the people who work at one of our very favorite places to stay.

Date of stay: November 2015