Hotel Stratford
Parker Guest House(San Francisco)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The Scarlet Huntington(San Francisco)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
Loews Regency San Francisco(San Francisco)
  • Restaurant
Taj Campton Place(San Francisco)
  • Breakfast included
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
  • Room Service
Pacific Tradewinds Hostel(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$100
Official Site
1,534 results
All reviewspowell streetcable cargreat locationrooms are smallbreakfast roomslow elevatoraround the cornercomplimentary breakfastheart of union squarestreet noisebart stationcentral locationcan't beat the locationhotel roompublic transportationstayed here for nightstwo blocks
Reviewed 14 May 2018

Location is amazing, it's 5mins walk from BART Powell St station (takes ~30 min to get to/from the airport), maybe a minute to the Union Square, and there's heaps of dining options and shops within a walking distance (inc. Westfield mall). Also, cablecars are running in front of the building and a stop is close too. My room had everything I needed, although it could have been bit warmer. Would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Maciek M
Reviewed 13 May 2018

I have been there four nights, having booked in advance. The hotel is located in Powell st., the very best place to be to visit every part of San Francisco. Yes, but public transports in SF are really OK so, if I need to go again I will book a hotel in a less central location, cheaper and better. I had been in Union square some years ago, in a completely different (and far better and more expensive) hotel. It was perfect. But here the room was nearly horrible, the bed impossible. It could be good for just one night, but if you stay more than two days look in a different location for the same price

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Fabio50m
Reviewed 13 May 2018

27th April 2018

I arrived at the hotel after taking the BART Train to Powell Street from San Francisco International Airport, the short walk (approximately 6 minutes) up Powell Street (next to the world famous Cable Car) you will arrive at the hotel which is on the right hand side, about 1 minute walk from Union Square.

I arrived at the hotel and walking into the very small reception area, and was met by a member of staff who was not really interested in me nor did she look up from her computer to even greet me! when she finally pulled herself away she said this room is not paid for, to which I was well aware it was pay on arrival. I was allocated a room on a high floor, which was at the best basic - there is no air conditioning at this hotel, and the view from the room, well if you like walls, you will love it! - I am sure the prisoners of Alcatraz had a better view!

The room consisted of a ceiling fan, double bed, desk and a separate private bathroom - something that I do not think had seen a refresh in quite some years, everything was so old fashioned, but clean. If your after something with decor from the modern day and age, this place probably is not for you - however if you just want a bed and a private bathroom to use as a base in a incredible location then this is definitely the place for you.

I was offered a coupon to get breakfast for $7, but to this day I do not know where to go for it, as the phone at the reception rang and all interest in me was forgotten. Thank goodness that I had my room key otherwise I would have been sleeping in reception - I still do not think that she would have noticed.

As mentioned about the location literally is the only selling point for this hotel - you are in a awesome location, 1 minute walk to Union Square, 5 minutes to the turnaround point of the Cable Car and 5 minutes to a superb Mall......you will love the shopping in there!

Room Tip: Be In The room as little as possible - be out and enjoy San Francisco!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

When i saw the hotel I couldn’t stay, it’s horrible and they wouldn’t give me back my money. Its tiny noisy no AC room, bathroom sink is in the room, no view, horrible courtains. The only thing it has is location

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

Booked a room through Hotel Tonight for one night. Right after check in, we found the shower was not working and the toilet would not flush. No water to either. Went to front desk and they stated they knew of the problem and a maintenance crew would fix the issue within 45 minutes. 3 hours later, still no toilet or shower. Contacted the front desk twice more before heading out for the evening. Got back to hotel at 10:45 pm. Still not fixed. Front desk told me problem would be fixed in the morning. I told them I haven’t showered or used the toilet since I checked in and requested a different room. Answer was, NO, no other rooms available. They said I may receive a partial refund for my inconvenience. After telling them that a partial refund was unacceptable, front desk texted the off site manager. It was agreed that I would receive 100 % as a refund. Checked out the next morning and got a different hotel. Although I have stayed at Hotel Stratford many times in the past, I will not be returning. Also note, no ice machines and no continental breakfast anymore.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple