“Nice buffet featuring Brazilian food”
Review of Spettus Steakhouse

Spettus Steakhouse
Ranked #122 of 282 Restaurants in Quincy
Reviewed 19 April 2017

My daughter and her boyfriend suggested bringing me to Spettus as I mentioned wanted to try out a buffet place. Nice selection of veggies, mashed potatoes, rices, beans, chicken etc. A separate part of the restaurant had the meat/steak options.
They had different options for buffet only, buffet with meat, just meat and just a plate of food (not buffet). Prices are posted on the wall.
The steak was delicious, perfectly cooked and wonderfully seasoned. We all chose just to do the plates and not the buffet.

Reviewed 1 March 2017

Nice people, laid back. They did ask if it was our first time but they failed to explain that there were meats of various types that were available with the buffet. The buffet had a variety of salads, veggie mix, stew beef with potatoes, mashed potatoes and some hot sauses to add, if you liked. There was a light greenie yellow dish that looked like mashed potatoes. To me it tasted like cream of wheat. We asked the waitress but the dish had been removed from the buffet and she couldn't tell us what it was. Around the corner they had a list of about 8 meats that were being cooked on a rotisserie. My wife had the lamb which she liked a lot. I had the marinated chicken wings and although they were tender and moist I couldn't tell whether there was any marinade on them so I got a bottle of Tabasco and remedied the problem. My sister had a shaved tenderloin which had a nice char on the outside however, once past the char the meat was chewy and a knife was needed to cut it into smaller pieces. They do have a bar and it looked like the deserts were the selling point of the place. Since we had a buffet none of us tried the desert but they did look good. I wouldn't say to a friend that I was dying to go back because I didn't taste anything that was out of the ordinary. Since I can't eat $20 worth of food I would need something that really jostled my taste buds to want to venture back. I am reading three recent reviews and I don't see what they are excited about. As always, I say, give it a try! If you don't like spicy food, the variety is fairly good. The trick may be to order off the menu and get one of their deserts.

Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

Best Brazilian food in the Boston area if you are in Quincy stop by you will love it!
Always I want taste great Brazilian food here is my favorite place now on!

Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

I loved the food!!! People are awesome! I really recommend this restaurant to everyone!!! Good deserts as well.

Reviewed 12 December 2016

I visited Spettus Steakhouse for late lunch today after the laundromat. The buffet was typical Brazilian steakhouse fare, with quality a bit above some others in the area. Salads, hot buffet items and such were attractive with nice flavor, and the meats were nicely grilled, well seasoned and brought to the table and sliced from the skewers. Nothing I selected was dry or overcooked, and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The price was good, but I recommend saving money by purchasing by weight, rather than by buffet unless you are ravenously hungry.