1,296 results
All reviews castaway cafe banyan building coconut building aloha tower full kitchen black rock garden view whalers village free trolley smaller pool beach walk main building great beach two queen beds onsite restaurant studio condo beach towels
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed at MKV late July 2018 in a one bedroom ocean view condo. Two large queen size beds, dining room, living room and full kitchen. Amazing place, beach is great, pool area is good with bar service and food from Castaways restaurant, which is beachfront. Our family loved our stay at MKV, quiet resort compared to those near Whalers Village, but close to everything you need. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank RobChi
Reviewed 1 August 2018

Had a 1 bedroom Oceanside premium suite, it was so beautiful. One of the best resorts I’ve stayed in. Reception staff were lovely. I felt like I was in a penthouse suite, the bathroom and kitchen were huge and all looked brand new, beautifullly decorated. Gardens lovely. Great beach right there. I walked to Whalers village shops which took me 25 mins and was a lovely beach walk. The castaway cafe was great for breakfast, nice outdoor patio, only bad thing was at 8.30am all we could hear the whole breakfast was a really loud lawnmower.
General store had everything.

Room tip: 1 bedroom premium had 2 doubles and large lounge area, premium is worth getting, beautiful decor. I had Oceanside which is next to the beach
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank Maccapower
Reviewed 31 July 2018

My family stayed here for 1 week and it was amazing! The room was cleaned every morning and it was a very comfortable room for the 4 of us. Our room had a garden view but you could also see the ocean a little as well. It was so nice to have our meals and coffee in the morning with such a beautiful view. The kids loved the pool and spent every afternoon there after we were done at the beach. It was such a short walk to get to the beach and we all enjoyed watching whales jumping off in the distance and even swam with a turtle one day. Very cool! We would definitely stay here again if we are ever lucky enough to return to Maui.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank seangram
Reviewed 28 July 2018

An older average facility. The area is a great location and the grounds are very well kept. The pools are very nice.
When we booked we told them we would be celebrating our anniversary. When checking in there was no mention or congratulations nor do they provide leis. We checked in late and were given a map to help us find our room that couldn't have been any farther from the check in. We were not offered and assistance just left to haul our luggage across across their property and up the stairs.
The first morning that we ate at Castaway Cafe we were seated oceanside and the food was great with good service. The next visit we were told that there were no tables available oceanside and asked if we were OK with indoor seating. That was fine with us and we were seated inside where no one else was. After being ignored for a while I asked the hostess if we were going to be waited on. She got someone right away and apologized saying that no one was assigned to that area. After ordering and getting our food we were again forgotten. The hostess again apologized, got us more coffee and did her best to take care of us between her other duties as hostess. We left our waitress two dollars and gave the twenty percent tip to the hostess. We then walked to nearby resorts for breakfast for the rest of our stay.
The room itself was average but clean although we did find two cockroaches in our room.We had an ocean view room and could get a glimpse of the ocean threw the trees if the wind blew, we had a much better view of the parking lot. There are no ice machines nor ice water available for guests. They boast free parking, internet, Wednesday mai tai welcome party, laundry facilities, fitness center and beach towels. We paid fifty dollars to use their beach chairs and was charged $241 at checkout as a daily additional charge for the amenities.
I would not recommend this facility nor would I stay there again.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank Carley M
Reviewed 21 July 2018

I stayed here before with family a couple years ago and I liked it so much I came back. I kept telling my boyfriend "We have to stay at a place with a kitchen." He wouldn't listen and first, but I booked it. We got here and he ended up loving it. He said, and I concur, every time we go to Maui we will be staying here. Everyone was nice and helpful. They even upgraded us for free. It's a short walk to the beach and Black Rock. Just walking through this property was a view on it's own. Every room, whether it has an ocean view, garden view, or mountain view it is wonderful. I can't wait to come back here.

Room tip: bottom floor you can walk out the sliding glass door and do your thing, There is a small pool not many people go to by the banyan building
Date of stay: June 2018